Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Mac Guru
14,627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2 weeks ago, ordered a LG Combo drive at a unbeatable price. Today, it hasn't even left the warehouse, and I'm still waiting for the thing to arrive. It was in stock when I ordered it - a day later, it was out of stock. Last week, they said it would ship Friday (3 days ago), and when I checked its status, it said "Shippable" rather than "Not Yet Shippable" like it said when it was out of stock. I e-mailed them and they said it would ship that Friday, the same day they were back in stock. It's Monday, and it still hasn't left yet. When am I going to get this, in August!? :rolleyes: Remind me never to buy there again.

·
Premium Member
2,950 Posts
Mabey they are holding off shipping until the G5 arrives loL

·
Premium Member
7,115 Posts
It must depend on what exactly you order because most of the stuff I buy via Futureshop (DVDs, CDs, and the odd electronic once in a blue moon) always get shipped and delivered with the first week or so.

Maybe it was just bad timing?

·
Registered
49 Posts
I had no problem when I bought an air conditioner there last week. It was shipped the next day. I guess it varies from case to case.

·
Canadian By Choice
117,378 Posts
I have ordered things online from FutureShop, and they are shipped from either Vancouver or TO, and I receive them in a week or less. I have gone into our local FutureShop with a keyboard, a mouse, a digital camera CF card and a CD player, all bought there, but I had no receipt. Other than shopping there frequently for all my electronic purchases, I have no connections with FS. Still, I have never been questioned about this purchase, and I have walked out with a new item each time.

·
Premium Member
1,070 Posts
Hello,

My wife once took advantage of Futureshop's free shipping by ordering an item on-line while she was in Prince George, which has a Futureshop, and having it sent to Quyon, QC. It was just a CD and it was a gift for her mother.

Futureshop called her up to verify that she actually wanted to have it shipped to Quyon since she lived in PG. Needless to say, Futureshop actually did it.

This saved my wife a few dollars, as she didn't have to go and get the CD from the store and pack it up and mail it to Quyon.

I think it got there in a reasonable amount of time, too.

James

·
Mac Guru
14,627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
FINALLY it shipped today! About time. It says they shipped it by UPS but earlier said they were shipping it by Canada Post. Odd. :confused:

·
Registered
49 Posts
Maybe they were watching this thread ...

·
Canadian By Choice
117,378 Posts
Lars, if Canada Post was doing the shipping, then it is a good thing that you don't live in my province. Mail destined for St.John's, NL (as in Newfoundland and Labrador) is still going to the Netherlands.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts