Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Should be a link on their homepage. I don't see any Pro models however. Nice step for Apple, and a nice step for Futureshop.

Good stuff.

·
Canadian By Choice
117,662 Posts
I believe that Apple made an arrangement with Best Buy, and Best Buy bought Future Shop.

·
Registered
645 Posts
Too bad FutureShop's Website STILL doesn't work in Safari. It works ok in IE but not Safari. My guess is it will never run in Safari. You can get past the welcome screen, but as soon as you pick one of the menu options on the left like "Video" you will be taken to the next page. Now try to go ANYWHERE in the menu list on the left like TV's and your screwed!!

·
Registered
645 Posts
I know, you can view the first page of software, but not the second page of software. That is SO annoying about Safari and sites like Future Shop :mad:

·
Registered
196 Posts
If you really want to surf FS's site with Safari, you can, ctrl-click and select "Open link in new tab", it's a bit of pain, but that's what I do when I'm too lazy to open IE.

·
Left The Building
8,381 Posts
Well, I'm glad to hear that other people have had problems with Futureshop / Safari. I've reported it 3 times using the bug feature.

Usually the Futureshop site is okay for the first couple of pages but then the links stop working & it just won't respond. I rarely use Camino anymore but still keep it on my Dock, mostly for my Futureshop browsing.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Can anyone explain why Safari will not allow the FutureShop and a few other sites to work. I also went to the "here" link in james_squared's post and it will not work. :D :D

·
Left The Building
8,381 Posts
Does anyone have any idea why a website such as Futureshop's would go dead after you're a few links in?

I can understand that some sites don't work properly at all, but Futureshop's starts okay then goes bad. What is it that makes the page stop responding, some kind of cache issue?

·
Registered
8 Posts
If you look at the source, clicking the link is supposed to take you to futureshop's web site. The problem seems to be the way Safari executes the javascript involved when you click the link, and then doesn't bother to actually go to the URL specified.

·
Registered
406 Posts
I must be blessed because I went to the link and then to skywatchers and bang it works for me. Now I am off to buy lottery tickets with my new found luck......... :D :D

·
Canadian By Choice
117,662 Posts
My wife and I were at the Future Shop here in St. John's yesterday, and the had a new iMac on display for the first time. There must have been 20 people around it wanting to see it/try it out....................but it remains to be seen if they will start to buy it and take it home.

·
Registered
2,812 Posts
Funny... one click and dead. That's all that happens with me. FS is the only reason that I keep IE open. How fun... I thought that I was the only one as I was still on the older revs of Safari until this week. I guess not... :rolleyes:

·
Registered
406 Posts
OK maguirer, where is the link suppose to take me, it seems to work as well as the FS site, am I doing something wrong?? :D :D

·
Premium Member
1,070 Posts
Hello,

Yup, Skywatchers is a go.

I did find on other versions of Safari that the Goverment of Canada's main page would crash Safari. Try it out, here.

James

1 - 20 of 32 Posts