Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, a few months ago I got a 3GS from Future Shop, and was suckered into their $10 a month Product Exchange Plan. Recently, multiple cracks have been appearing on the black plastic casing in the typical places, and now I have dust under the screen and I think it's related to the cracks. I understand this a known issue that could be replaced under Apple Care if I were to book an appointment and drive all the way to the Mississauga Apple Store.

So, I figured I should be able to go to a Future Shop, and get it replaced there. But I just read this. It says "NOTE: Coverage excludes physical and accidental damage." What kind of BS is this? I'm paying the 10 dollars a month for what I thought was something better than the AppleCare. The only positive thing I see is that they don't replace the defect phones with refurbs. They actually give you a brand new phone out of the box, which means if they were out of stock of the 3GS, they would give me the iPhone 4 (if they ever have it in stock.)

So, do you guys think it's still worth a shot? I guess it depends on what kind of employee I get.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Hey, a few months ago I got a 3GS from Future Shop, and was suckered into their $10 a month Product Exchange Plan. Recently, multiple cracks have been appearing on the black plastic casing in the typical places, and now I have dust under the screen and I think it's related to the cracks. I understand this a known issue that could be replaced under Apple Care if I were to book an appointment and drive all the way to the Mississauga Apple Store.

So, I figured I should be able to go to a Future Shop, and get it replaced there. But I just read this. It says "NOTE: Coverage excludes physical and accidental damage." What kind of BS is this? I'm paying the 10 dollars a month for what I thought was something better than the AppleCare. The only positive thing I see is that they don't replace the defect phones with refurbs. They actually give you a brand new phone out of the box, which means if they were out of stock of the 3GS, they would give me the iPhone 4 (if they ever have it in stock.)

So, do you guys think it's still worth a shot? I guess it depends on what kind of employee I get.
i know what you mean, my friends phone does that all the time. hes on his 3rd 3GS... Its regular wear and tear. I don't see them turning you away, i think if you took a baseball bat too it, you might not get it replaced.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts