Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,415 Posts
2.16 C2D 15" -- $1879

2.33 C2D 15" -- $2449 (not as good of a deal)

The 2.16 is not too bad of a deal -- almost as good as the refurb prices -- which apple still hasn't dropped. :S

·
Registered
993 Posts
There was also a good deal on the French version of the mini, the 1.83 at $699 ($200 instant savings). Unfortunately, they ran out of them.

·
Premium Member
1,026 Posts
Not cheap enough, IMO.

I've got a 5% coupon for Best Buy - with their current deal on the 2.2 MBP - the price is down to $1994. Better than the corp discount that we can get - but still not cheap enough for me to give up the 12" PB...

·
Registered
534 Posts
Not cheap enough, IMO.

I've got a 5% coupon for Best Buy - with their current deal on the 2.2 MBP - the price is down to $1994. Better than the corp discount that we can get - but still not cheap enough for me to give up the 12" PB...

How did you get that coupon?

·
Registered
993 Posts
Literature would be in French and the system installation would be French. The latter is easy to change.

·
Registered
560 Posts
That's a decent deal on a mini... I need it cheaper still, though.

Yes, it's too bad there aren't any. ;)

I need a mini, and I need it cheap. Why a mini over an iMac? I want a seperate monitor I can use in tall "portrait" mode, like the single-page mono Mac monitors of old. :) Can't do that on an iMac. ;)

·
Registered
190 Posts
future shop are also going to have hsbc supplying their credit cards. annoying as it was only about 1 1/2 yrs ago that i got one of the wells fargo ones. and now i've got to apply for a new one? forget it. this would be the THIRD future shop credit card i've had. and everytime you apply for a new card your credit rating is affected. no thanks.

sorry for the rant...

·
Registered
95 Posts
Best Buy - Future Shop New Cards

FYI

I got the apply for a new card from both Best Buy and Future Shop.

Best Buy is offering 10% off your first purchase with the card, Future Shop is not.

The fine print on the BB application indicates that it is only good for a max of $100 and not on things that are on special price??

Knocking the 15 inch 2.2 down to $1999.

·
Registered
171 Posts
I didn't know BB changed their credit card provider until now.

Woo, I bought my MacPro from BB last week with the Wells Fargo card's 24 month payment option. If I planned to buy the machine today instead of last week I would be screwed. Timing was everything!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.