Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
thats a funny site, but I think the people who made it are probably old computer nerds who never understood quality! What do you think? Cant you picture a geeky over the hill with zits sitting there giggling about how he just bashed apple for no reason.....hmm...i can-bill gates is probably his role model too! lol

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Especially funny is that they bash the terminal (under myths-userfriendliness) saying that to use applications you have to resort to the terminal. Weren't they the same people who were bashing classic mac os for not having a command line? And doesn't their beloved Windows have a command line....?

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No, It wasn't third party drivers, Bill doesn't know how to operate a PC, just like the rest of us that make windows crash.

·
Premium Member
1,070 Posts
Hello,

I read through the site and it was okay. I honestly don't care which is better or which is faster. The author seems a bit disgruntled to me. The writing was also quite poor.

I found this quote interesting.

Yes it does! And it does it alot. The difference between a pc based on Windows crashing and a Mac is that on the pc the crash is in 99% of the cases caused by badly coded third party software, when the Mac just has a faulty operating system.
All I know is that my iBook has only crashed a few times in the last year and my wife's eMac has not crashed in the few months that she's had it. My PC used to crash 3 or 4 times a day. My wife's PC wouldn't do much of anything. Sure, maybe many of the crashes were related to third party drivers, but where the hell else am I supposed to get drivers for third party products?

Perhaps we just didn't know enough about how to properly maintain the software and OS properly. I guess we just weren't smart enough to operate a PC. Or, maybe the makers of the PC and its software weren't smart enough to make something that just plain worked.

All we want is a computer that works and our PCs were not able to do that for us, so we switched to Mac.

James

1 - 7 of 7 Posts