Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Love our new rechargeable Wireless Bluetooth Keyboard - By Matias [ local Canadian Company]- We are now authorized resellers... it is a clone of Apple's wired full size keyboard - battery lasts for 1 yr and comes in 4 colors.. if interested - PM me for more info. :) [ will work with your computer, iPhone or iPad - sync up to 4 devices apple or android ]

Attachments

·
Used to be Tilt
238 Posts
Do they also make rechargeable magic trackpads? And will they ever make a wired keyboard and trackpad? I am sick and tired of my trackpad dying on me and i have to replace batteries and such.

It does not matter so much with the trackpad, but it is terrible with the keyboard - there's literally no way I can use my computer (or even login) if by mistake I let my keyboard die without having spare charged batteries (or normal batteries) with me. Yeah, it happens sometimes, I just forget to charge or stock AA batteries!

I am seriously looking for a wired Apple keyboard (now Windows keyboard that will work with a Mac) and also a wired Magic Trackpad!

Cheers

·
Premium Member
15,708 Posts
Cool. So this is an advertisement?

Love our new rechargeable Wireless Bluetooth Keyboard - By Matias [ local Canadian Company]- We are now authorized resellers... it is a clone of Apple's wired full size keyboard - battery lasts for 1 yr and comes in 4 colors.. if interested - PM me for more info. :) [ will work with your computer, iPhone or iPad - sync up to 4 devices apple or android ]

·
Premium Member
436 Posts
They are a bit pricey but looks like a nice design.

·
Premium Member
15,708 Posts
Pretty sure everybody else here sees a difference between running a business and posting about it casually, and using the classifieds to sell occasional items. But if you don't see the difference, look no further.

Well, no more so than the phone for sale in your sig, is it?

·
Resident Curmudgeon
86,945 Posts
Not that is is an issue, (at least by the majority here apparently), but macintosh doctor has never abused his status as a member by outrageous advertising. He has here, in my opinion, merely offered a glimpse at an innovation that other members might be interested in and nothing more.

Some however, if you will pardon the pun, continue to run ad after ad in the classifieds for years now, for many products very often to take full advantage of free advertising opportunities when claiming they are 'just a member selling an item'. The key here of course is the volume of items offered and few here offer so much for sale so often as the complainant. Just sayin'. ;)

·
Premium Member
15,708 Posts
In ~10 years I've sold about 60 items in the Classifieds. That's what they're for. That's exactly what they're for, and it drives traffic to this site. Not only that but my feedback is 100% positive. If you have nothing to offer, it's a free site and you can be judgemental or whatever, but it's not really very entertaining. And going after the same person for years for weak reasons is not adorable, it's crotchety and not useful.

My criticism of macintosh doctor for throwing an ad in was hardly harsh. It's just a general rule of forums like this one, when they're moderated, that businesses shouldn't do that. And I used to be the Classifieds Moderator here, although that was a long time ago.

Not that is is an issue, (at least by the majority here apparently), but macintosh doctor has never abused his status as a member by outrageous advertising. He has here, in my opinion, merely offered a glimpse at an innovation that other members might be interested in and nothing more.

Some however, if you will pardon the pun, continue to run ad after ad in the classifieds for years now, for many products very often to take full advantage of free advertising opportunities when claiming they are 'just a member selling an item'. The key here of course is the volume of items offered and few here offer so much for sale so often as the complainant. Just sayin'. ;)

·
Premium Member
5,374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
My apologies if i have ruffled feathers.
Not my intention - my goal was to showcase a new product - Canadian as well. It was a viable option to the apple wired keyboard.
no longer do we have to suffer with the mini bluetooth keyboard. We now have a full size rechargeable keyboard that works with Macs and iPhones and iPads - can sync up to 4 devices at once.

Once again if i simple offered the product in classifieds - it would not really demonstrate the product well.. most would think it was just another used item up for grads.

·
Super Moderator
1,749 Posts
I think it's a nice looking alternative. I just got a Logitech full sized wireless solar charging keyboard, to replace my old apple keyboard that succumbed to a bad temper day. It's got a really nice feel to it. If it dies I will take a look though!

·
Premium Member
5,374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I think it's a nice looking alternative. I just got a Logitech full sized wireless solar charging keyboard, to replace my old apple keyboard that succumbed to a bad temper day. It's got a really nice feel to it. If it dies I will take a look though!
i too have been using the logitech solar keyboard - but have worn out the keys - so it is no longer showing which is which character - never a problem for me. lol

but this new keyboard is outstanding so far.. i am impressed.. really does feel and look the like apple keyboard, but wireless :) [ all metal too just like the apple wired keyboard ]

·
Premium Member
15,694 Posts
Do they also make rechargeable magic trackpads? And will they ever make a wired keyboard and trackpad? … … …

I am seriously looking for a wired Apple keyboard (now Windows keyboard that will work with a Mac) and also a wired Magic Trackpad!

Cheers
Checkout the matias site:
Matias Products

and you can get the wired extended keyboard right from Apple:
"The Apple Keyboard with Numeric Keypad features an elegant, ultrathin anodized aluminum enclosure with low-profile keys that provide a crisp, responsive feel. It also has function keys for one-touch access to a variety of Mac features such as screen brightness, volume, eject, play/pause, fast-forward and rewind, Mission Control, and Launchpad. Its extended layout includes document navigation controls — page up, page down, home, and end — and full-size arrow keys for playing games and scrolling through documents. Its numeric keypad is perfect for spreadsheets and finance applications. And two USB 2.0 ports enable you to connect your mouse as well as a high-speed peripheral such as a digital camera or printer."

Apple Keyboard with Numeric Keypad -
English (USA)
$59.00
Keyboard with Numeric Keypad - Apple (CA)

·
Premium Member
15,708 Posts
That all sounds reasonable. This site doesn't get a lot of traffic so it can't be much of a concern, and the rule-makers may be, but don't appear to be, all that hands on anyways.

Not my intention - my goal was to showcase a new product - Canadian as well. It was a viable option to the apple wired keyboard.
no longer do we have to suffer with the mini bluetooth keyboard. We now have a full size rechargeable keyboard that works with Macs and iPhones and iPads - can sync up to 4 devices at once.

Once again if i simple offered the product in classifieds - it would not really demonstrate the product well.. most would think it was just another used item up for grads.

·
Premium Member
15,694 Posts
Good gosh — step away for a day here and find all kids of stuff hitting the fan… gheese. Please no trump type sh*t here, please!!!

And I've never had or wanted a wireless keyboard for my desktop Mac use or ever seen any advantage, and yes we use the Apple extended wired aluminum keyboard and my next choice would be one from Matias.

And from those I know who use them say they'd never use anything else, especially for those who are fast typists. So I'd say a welcomed useful post that many might appreciate.

Now, where's that sheltered bay and calm waters??? ;)

·
Super Moderator
1,749 Posts
i too have been using the logitech solar keyboard - but have worn out the keys - so it is no longer showing which is which character - never a problem for me. lol

but this new keyboard is outstanding so far.. i am impressed.. really does feel and look the like apple keyboard, but wireless :) [ all metal too just like the apple wired keyboard ]
Good to know. I'll let you know how bald the keys get :)

·
Premium Member
1,403 Posts
Do they also make rechargeable magic trackpads? And will they ever make a wired keyboard and trackpad? I am sick and tired of my trackpad dying on me and i have to replace batteries and such.

It does not matter so much with the trackpad, but it is terrible with the keyboard - there's literally no way I can use my computer (or even login) if by mistake I let my keyboard die without having spare charged batteries (or normal batteries) with me. Yeah, it happens sometimes, I just forget to charge or stock AA batteries!

Cheers
Do you have an iPhone, Tilt?
I'm not really spamming here, just pointing out that you can use your iPhone as a trackpad.
Would come in handy when you're travelling, or when your Magic Trackpad batteries are down.

There are many apps to do this, Mobile Mouse Remote looks like a good candidate:

https://itunes.apple.com/be/app/mobile-mouse-remote/id289616509?mt=8&ign-mpt=uo=4

Source/ review:
How to use your iPhone as a mouse or trackpad

·
Used to be Tilt
238 Posts
Checkout the matias site:
Matias Products

and you can get the wired extended keyboard right from Apple:
*SNIPPED FOR RELEVANCE*
Heheheheh, I did go to the Matias site, right after posting my response earlier! I should've visited that site before posting my response, I know :(

I would still like to have a wired Magic Trackpad. I am afraid I love the trackpad so much that I can never go back to using a mouse or trackball again. The sheer convenience is unparalleled for my use.

And I need to check Apple's website to see if they have a wired small (non-extended) keyboard, or a rechargeable small keyboard. Unlike many others, I do like the small keyboard - it's just the inability to use the computer when the batteries die that's a major inconvenience for me.

Edited to add: I did check Apple's website, and they do have a rechargeable keyboard and magic trackpad. Nice.

Cheers

·
Premium Member
5,374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Good gosh — step away for a day here and find all kids of stuff hitting the fan… gheese. Please no trump type sh*t here, please!!!

And I've never had or wanted a wireless keyboard for my desktop Mac use or ever seen any advantage, and yes we use the Apple extended wired aluminum keyboard and my next choice would be one from Matias.

And from those I know who use them say they'd never use anything else, especially for those who are fast typists. So I'd say a welcomed useful post that many might appreciate.

Now, where's that sheltered bay and calm waters??? ;)
i will build a safe room for you a sensitive types - can go curl up in the corner lol .. with my next post.

·
Used to be Tilt
238 Posts
1 - 20 of 28 Posts