Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I see to be having some trouble uploading a few images to my sympatico web space. I'm using fetch, I get a message telling me I don't have permission to upload the images. They are images that I have taken or made. 3 of the 4 images I'm uploading give me this message. I have a feeling it's something on my end. I'm running 10.2.8. Any ideas?

·
Mac Guru
14,627 Posts
No wonder - Fetch. Fetch is the worst of FTP applications and won't work when every other FTP client does. Transmit. Period. ;)

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
transmit huh? I'll give it a shot.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks for the tip lars... but I got the same message. Any one else want to give it a shot?

·
Mac Guru
14,627 Posts
Have you tried uploading them in a different order? Maybe you're low on space? Sometimes FTP will give you a permission error if you're server is out of space. Unlikely in your case, but possible. Also, Get Info (Command+I) on the image and see if you have all rights to you enabled.

·
Premium Member
6,795 Posts
Any idea what kind of server Sympatico is running?
You're able to log in, so I am guessing your password is correct.
Have you contacted sympatico to ask why you are getting this error?

·
Premium Member
3,752 Posts
I am having similar difficulties with Dreamweaver's FTP. I get seemingly random corruption and non uploads. This is the best way to really screw up your web site. I am reluctant to use Transmit because I like the way DW tracks which pages are were, which have been modified etc.

Any advice on what I should check? (my service provider uses DW locally and has no problems with the site)

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for your help. I have got everything uploaded and working. I'm still not sure why I didn't have permission for a while. It all seems to be cool for now. I'll include a link to the site when I'm ready to fully launch it.

·
Premium Member
2,465 Posts
Just a durned minute there - I've been using Fetch for years. starting with my LC II and continuing to my present-day souped-up Sawtooth running Panther. I've never had ANY problems with it. It isn't as fancy as some other apps, but it's absolutely stable and reliable.

BTW, If you want free and extremely powerful FTP, you can work directly from the command line in Terminal.app. It works great.

Cheers :-> Bill

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
It looks like fetch wasn't to blame here, so lets not get out of hand ;) It was my amateur html skills that were to blame i believe.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.