Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Coburg Coffee House, just a couple of blocks from Dalhousie University, is under new management. They are providing free WiFi for their customers. Three-hour limit, 128-bit WEP key provided by staff on request. Great sandwiches and coffees (their smoked salmon / cream cheese/ chiabatta is my favourite). :D

M

·
Registered
630 Posts
I'm heading home to Hali in about ten days, I'll be checking out the smoked salmon sandwich and wi-fi for sure...That coffee house is only a ten minute walk from my family home.

·
Premium Member
17,980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey Kent!

Keep an eye out for a fella with a bright-orange iBook... that'll be me. If you see a shifty-looking youngish balding dude with glasses and a 12" Powerbook, that's my buddy Isaac (a recent Switcher and author of his first book, Cuba: Revolution in Motion) ;)

Nancy is the manager - very nice and accommodating. The only downside to the place is a lack of AC outlets (only one near the front windows) - some come with your batteries freshly charged.

:cool:
M

·
Premium Member
2,788 Posts
Any WIFI free spots in the Toronto area? Especially mac freindly places? I know Starbuck and the like have Wifi but I believe you have to pay for it.

·
Registered
320 Posts
While visiting Halifax in the summer I found free WiFi at the Second Cup on Spring Garden Road. Free, that is, as long as you buy something to eat/drink. There is no charge, passwords, or registration needed for the wireless - just select the access point and you're in business.

I have also heard that a number of second cup locations in Toronto work the same way. Maybe check their website...

- Martin.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts