Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,635 Posts
I don't know that I would go so far to say GiMP is better than PhotoShop, but I'll second NaturesPixel's recommendation.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I don't know that I would go so far to say GiMP is better than PhotoShop, but I'll second NaturesPixel's recommendation.
me either but it is a great program i havnt used it in years.. but now that i will be moving to mac soon for all my photo work i might just download it if adobe ellements gets on my nerves...

·
Canuck of Enlightenment
949 Posts
Seashore is a simple program to use. It is worth a look. And you do not need x11 installed. So the program has less of a learning curve. I just used both programs to modify pictures. While Gimp is clearly more powerful, seashore is nothing to sneeze at. Example of this is Imovie is not as powerful as final cut, but if you do not need all the features it does a good job. And again there is not a steep learning curve.

·
Premium Member
5,530 Posts
FWIW, Seashore is pretty much a copy of MS Paint, AFAIK. The OP needs something to cut pieces of photos and put them into others, this isn't a job for Seashore.

The GIMP, specifically GimpSHOP is my recommendation. It's an altered version of the Gimp to provide you with menus much like Photoshop in organization.. anyone used to photoshops layout should get around this version easily.

Good luck.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I think Photoshop Elements 4 is a Very good buy, it does 85-90% of Photoshop for a fraction of the cost. I've used it for years & just finished copying 12,000 slides, some 50-60 years old & Elements was invaluable in recovering lost colour etc.
TTFN, TeeC

1 - 9 of 9 Posts