Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 20 of 90 Posts

·
Banned
7,966 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Free Paris! That was "fast"

oops already done....

Paris Hilton was let out of jail Thursday morning, just three days after she began serving what was originally to have been a 45-day sentence for violating probation, a spokesman for the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department said at a press conference.

Hilton must wear a monitoring bracelet and remain at her home for another 40 days, said Los Angeles County Sheriff's spokesman Steve Whitmore.

Medical considerations "played a part" in the decision to offer Hilton home confinement for the remainder of her sentence, Whitmore said.

He said privacy rules prohibited him from giving details about the medical issues, but celebrity Web site TMZ.com earlier quoted sources saying Hilton was refusing to eat much of the jail food served her.
http://edition.cnn.com/2007/SHOWBIZ/TV/06/07/paris.hilton/

Sounds like the spoiled little socialite learned nothing...

·
Premium Member
5,461 Posts
this is disgusting, because she refuses to eat prison food they let her out? What if Paul Bernardo (I know I know, totally different reasons for being in prison) decided to stop eating prison food? Would they let him out but put a tracking bracelet on him?

·
Premium Member
18,002 Posts
On the hand, this kids glove treatment of a celebrity really burns my britches.

On the other hand, I'm even more upset that this useless person is gaining so much attention, which only increases her celebrity status, and that we are wasting so much of our daily lives (including the posting of this note) discussing her.

·
Canadian By Choice
117,692 Posts
Shocking!!!!!! To force her back into her home under house arrest. This is cruel and unusual punishment, and she should be cleared of all charges. Maybe Conrad Black and Barbara A. could offer her sanctuary to keep her from having to spend a few weeks in her hovel of a home?

Free Paris!!!!!!! Free Paris!!!!!!!!!! Free Paris!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
3,175 Posts
Shocking!!!!!! To force her back into her home under house arrest. This is cruel and unusual punishment, and she should be cleared of all charges. Maybe Conrad Black and Barbara A. could offer her sanctuary to keep her from having to spend a few weeks in her hovel of a home?

Free Paris!!!!!!! Free Paris!!!!!!!!!! Free Paris!!!!!!!!!!!
Yep. Brutal punishment - especially since it is rumoured she is not allowed visitors, which means she has to spend time in her own company! :eek:

Should get Bono onto this. A few concerts and marches to raise some attention....

G

·
Completely disgusting. They should have let her starve -- she would have eaten sooner or later. "Medical Considerations" ... does that mean that she paid a doctor a large "consideration" to write a sick note for her?

·
Canadian By Choice
117,692 Posts
Free Paris!!!!!!! Free Paris!!!!!!!!!! Free Paris!!!!!!!!!!! Let's go Sens .......... let's go Sens.

·
Canadian By Choice
117,692 Posts
Luckily, this will clear her "debt to society" so that she can get her driver's license reinstated along with an apology from the Motor Vehicles Bureau of CA. It is only fitting and proper in this situation.

·
Registered
5,976 Posts
[URL="http://www.cnn.com/SHOWBIZ/blogs/marquee/2007/06/paris-out-of-jail.html" said:
The Marquee[/URL]]On "The View," Joy Behar observed "This girl can get out of more things than David Copperfield." Great analogy. Because like a master magician, it would appear that Paris has, indeed, pulled a rabbit out of her hat.

And I'll bet you that even the rabbit is pissed.
This is an experiment to see if I could put a link inside a "quote" tag.

I'm not the least bit interested in Paris who? or what she does. Although releasing people from prison for medical reasons would reduce the over-crowing there and also go a long way to redistribution of wealth - that is if the right people are "sick"

Margaret

·
Banned
7,966 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
So this stupid overprivileged celebuturd throws a tantrum (which is deemed a "medical consideration"), gets out of jail, and makes another headline. Disgusting indeed. :ptptptptp
Agree and what's surprising is that she's making Martha S. look good!

·
Registered
4,798 Posts
SHe shouldn't have gone to jail in the first place. The judge should have realized:

a) This would turn into a media circus

b) It's a waste of taxpayer dollars to administrate a prison term

c) She is no threat to society

d) A large fine would have affected her a lot more.

Hit her up for a $100, 000 fine and 200 community hours to be completed in 6 months. If she doesn't complete it in that time, another $100,000 and an extra 50 community hours. Keep doing that over and over.

Worst case scenario, she never does the community hours, and pays the legal system $100,000 every 6 months (which can actually help get real criminals off the streets).

·
Premium Member
1,791 Posts
SHe shouldn't have gone to jail in the first place. The judge should have realized:

a) This would turn into a media circus

b) It's a waste of taxpayer dollars to administrate a prison term

c) She is no threat to society

Hit her up for a $100, 000 fine and 200 community hours to be completed in 6 months. If she doesn't complete it in that time, another $100,000 and an extra 50 community hours. Keep doing that over and over.

Worst case scenario, she never does the community hours, and pays the legal system $100,000 every 6 months (which can actually help get real criminals off the streets).
I usually disagree with you but here I think you are spot on.

G

·
You think $100k would affect her? She probably drops more than that on a party for friends that she never even attends. On the other hand it's obvious that the jail term affected her much more than giving away money (that she never had to work for, nor does she care about).

I totally disagree. She should still be in jail. She broke the law and she needs to pay the price and if the judge says go to jail then that's where she should be for her entire term. Her not going to jail, or in this case being released early just shows that fame and fortune are above the justice system.

·
Premium Member
1,791 Posts
You think $100k would affect her? She probably drops more than that on a party for friends that she never even attends. On the other hand it's obvious that the jail term affected her much more than giving away money (that she never had to work for, nor does she care about).

I totally disagree. She should still be in jail. She broke the law and she needs to pay the price and if the judge says go to jail then that's where she should be for her entire term. Her not going to jail, or in this case being released early just shows that fame and fortune are above the justice system.
I think community service would be almost as loathsome as jail to Paris and would save society big bucks. Jail is a money loser. Community service is not.

1 - 20 of 90 Posts