Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,976 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,421 Posts
A horrific story. I have family who serve as police officers and it is certainly something I wish I could just ignore and not think about. Thankfully it is not happening as much here as it does south of the border.

·
Premium Member
17,976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ah yes. Court imposed censorship. It's the new Canadian way. Is the shooter of a certain religion perhaps? Just wondering?

Court issues order to suppress details about fatal Fredericton shooting | CBC News
  1. the CBC - which you frequently lambast - is going to fight this prohibition order in court.
  2. if it's intentional censorship, perhaps it's to cover upthe accused shooter's concealed-carry permit holding, alleged anti-muslim, right-wingnut character.
  3. time for some self-reflection on your first response, to assume that the accused shooter is muslim.

·
Premium Member
23,273 Posts
That'd be a first.

And that would be the only reason MotherCorpse would be going to court over this...

...if it's intentional censorship, perhaps it's to cover upthe accused shooter's concealed-carry permit holding, alleged anti-muslim, right-wingnut character.

·
Resident Curmudgeon
86,945 Posts
  1. the CBC - which you frequently lambast - is going to fight this prohibition order in court.
  2. if it's intentional censorship, perhaps it's to cover upthe accused shooter's concealed-carry permit holding, alleged anti-muslim, right-wingnut character.
  3. time for some self-reflection on your first response, to assume that the accused shooter is muslim.
Do try and get the facts straight Mark. I did not ASSUME the shooter was Muslim. I did however, ASK if the censorship was being court imposed because he was of a certain religion, but never mentioned Muslim. He could just as easily be an Islamophobic, could he not? A subtle, but significant fact you seem to have missed. I suggest it is YOU who is making assumptions. ;)

·
Premium Member
17,976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
.... I did not ASSUME the shooter was Muslim. I did however, ASK if the censorship was being court imposed because he was of a certain religion, but never mentioned Muslim...... I suggest it is YOU who is making assumptions. ;)
Ah... so you thought he might have been a Mennonite? A Hare Krishna? Druid?

:rolleyes:

·
Resident Curmudgeon
86,945 Posts
Ah... so you thought he might have been a Mennonite? A Hare Krishna? Druid?

:rolleyes:
Yep, possible but he could have been any christian religion. Or just a guy who hates muslims. Assume what you wish but be careful of accusations when you have no basis to make them but your own prejudice against any one who dares to point out the obvious about certain religions of people you support in spite of evidence to the contrary.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts