Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Banned
14,050 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
for my G4
otpical mouse and maybe a nice internet kybd?
don't get if i don't ask
any used combos out there for sale?
puck mouse not acceptable
cheapo apple keyboard also not wanted
feel free to email me
thanx

[ December 20, 2003, 06:20 PM: Message edited by: MACSPECTRUM ]

·
Premium Member
3,251 Posts
I don't know about the Keyboard... but Best Buy has Microsoft Optical mice advertised for $14.99 cdn. I'm going to pick one up tomorrow.

·
Banned
14,050 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thank you very much for the tip
i'm going to find out where the closest Best Buy and pick up a mouse tomorrow

again, thanx !!!

"mondo cool" as they used to say at apple :D

·
Premium Member
30,887 Posts
That's a deal - that's way under cost for the Optical scroll but I looked last time and it was PS-2 model only but they might have changed that.

Michael let me know - if you want I'll check here as there' a BB right down the road. :cool:

·
Banned
14,050 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
so i try to find a best buy store in my area
what do i do?
www.bestbuy.com

store locator - ok cool
enter postal code ok
now to choose my "state" hmmmmm no "state of anguish" and no "ontario" either

oh well, just better go watch letterman

note: www.bestbuy.ca (my next logical step) take me to an autopart website

david, tyvm, as you know i am a quite stubborn so i am now on hold with best buy customer support and ask them how i can find a store in my area

will report my findings - not a good sign "due to high caller volume, wait times may be longer than 10 minutes, please try our website at....." :mad:

20 min. and i give up

google saves the day

http://www.bestbuycanada.ca/

so i browse the online weekly ads and find the wireless mouse and a wireless mouse/kybd combo, but no USB wired mouse
guess i'll have to trek down to my nearest bestbuy, now that i have found one near sherway gardens and check it out....

[ December 19, 2003, 12:40 AM: Message edited by: MACSPECTRUM ]

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have an Apple Pro Optical Mouse (black) that is used but in excellent shape.

$30.00

I'm at Yonge and Lawrence or Markham.

·
Banned
14,050 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
just as it was foretold by da_jonesey
BestBuy MS optcial mouse with scroll wheel $14.99 w/ sfw.
mac os 9 compatible
watch out for the many, many $29.99 versions - they look the same but $15 more and they are everywhere at BestBuy - the $14.99 versions are in one little corner

i just bought the $14.99 version and installed it - wonderful....
the right click works in os 9 too !!
how did i ever use a single button mouse before?

do yourselves a favour and pick up this little stocking stuffer at a price that cannot be beat !!

also, MS Office kybd $64.99

·
Registered
535 Posts
I've still got apple's current white keyboard if you are interested. Or if you prefer I have a black apple pro keyboard. Let me know if you are interested in either one.

thx

·
Registered
255 Posts
Michael,

I bought the Microsoft mouse yesterday, too. But after using it for only 15 minutes, I gave up. It kept crashing my computer, always while dragging something to/from a folder. Let me know if yours contiunes to be trouble-free. If so, I'll try to figure out the root of the problem because, yes, having a right button is handy indeed.

Rod

·
Registered
255 Posts
Michael,

I bought the Microsoft mouse yesterday, too. But after using it for only 15 minutes, I gave up. It kept crashing my computer, always while dragging something to/from a folder. Let me know if yours contiunes to be trouble-free. If so, I'll try to figure out the root of the problem because, yes, having a right button is handy indeed.

Rod

·
Banned
14,050 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Rod,
i am still using and loving my MS mouse in both 9.2.2 and Panther
in 9.2.2 i have noticed one tiny little bug
upon startup of my mac, i have copyagent set to copy my main HD to a backup HD every hour - it does a smartreplace
if i try to interrupt the copy process during the boot process the mac will hang up

·
Registered
994 Posts
I had a MS optical mouse (think it was an intellinet explorer) a while ago. If I touched it during start up (OS9) it would lock up the machine. Had to wait for the entire process to finish (HDD noise stopped). The extra buttons were not worth that hassle. Plus it was embarassing to have a MS product hooked up.

·
Banned
14,050 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
f I touched it [MS mouse] during start up (OS9) it would lock up the machine. Had to wait for the entire process to finish
I noticed that too, but for me the extra buttons and funcitonality are useful since I go back and forth from windows machine (with 2 button mouse) to my mac many times during the day

i like the ergonomic feel of the MS mouse too

we all have our preferences - little mac O S9 joke there ;)

·
Registered
255 Posts
I decided to give the MS mouse a second chance, and for some bizarre reason the problem has disappeared. Oh, and I know what you mean dawitt - I used a little piece of tape to cover up the word Microsoft.

·
Premium Member
1,380 Posts
I have been using the intellimouse explorer for a couple of years now (wireless) in both 9.x up to and including 10.2.8. It's hooked up to a USB card and has worked flawlessly. My only complaint is that the batteries die very quickly. I bought a box of 48 AA batteries that I keep in my desk.
I also have the wired intellimouse. It is not as big as the wireless but also ergonomic. I understand their office keyboard is pretty good too

·
Registered
56 Posts
FWIW, I've used Logitech mice with Macs for the past three years, never had a problems. (I wouldn't use an MS mouse if you paid me.)

I've used a couple three-button optical scroll mice, and these work out of the box (scrolling and right button) on OS X, and they have drivers as well for OS 8.6 and 9 (for OS X too, but you don't really need them.) I've also used their wireless optical scroll mouse and it also works perfectly.

You can usually get these really cheap at one of the computer stores around College and Spadina.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts