Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Canadian By Choice
117,362 Posts
Tomac, as I wrote previously to VGG's "discovery" of this news item, I think that he might make an interesting board member. At least he utilizes the product.

·
Canadian By Choice
5,141 Posts
Wow... I missed it too. Geez, it must pain some of the ehMac community to know that their beloved computer is made by a company with distinctly Democratic leanings. And its based in pinkie California too! Michael Dell is a solid Republican so there is an alternative....

·
Canadian By Choice
117,362 Posts
I wonder if Gore had become president if there would have been a Mac in the Oval Office? To counter those who claimed that his speaking style was a bit "wooden", I can picture him with an iMac on his desk.

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
I'm not sure what to think. Excpet something tells me he's better than the Intuit CEO being there...

Or Ellison for that matter...

:cool:

·
Registered
2,198 Posts
used to be jwoodget wrote:
Geez, it must pain some of the ehMac community to know that their beloved computer is made by a company with distinctly Democratic leanings.

Well, it could be worse. Gore could've won the election and George W. Bush might've ended up on Apple's board instead.

:D

I think that might pain some this board; heck, it might make CubaMark's head explode again.

·
Vorlon Ambassador
5,295 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by jfpoole:
Geez, it must pain some of the ehMac community to know that their beloved computer is made by a company with distinctly Democratic leanings.

Well, it could be worse. Gore could've won the election and George W. Bush might've ended up on Apple's board instead.

I think that might pain some this board; heck, it might make CubaMark's head explode again.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

George W. Bush uses a Powerbook? Did you photoshop that jfpoole?

·
Vorlon Ambassador
5,295 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by jfpoole:

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

·
Registered
2,198 Posts
Kosh wrote:

I didn't PhotoShop that; even claiming that I'm capable of such a thing is absurd, as I've no artistic skill whatsoever :D

·
Canadian By Choice
117,362 Posts
Tomac, interesting article. Imagine how different things might have been had Jobs and Gates joined forces back in the late 70's? I wonder how similar there management styles are in their respective companies?

·
Premium Member
1,304 Posts
I have read about it in several places in the past. The Clinton White House used Macs...so too, does the Bush White House.

Odd, huh?

·
Canadian By Choice
117,362 Posts
VGG, maybe "product placement" needs to be considered on such TV shows such as "The West Wing". Recently, I have been "siting" Macs on various TV shows that have a setting in a school.

·
Registered
2,812 Posts
wow... Gore wins and we likely don't have a war. Gore loses and we get him as a chairman, Which is best?? This will be pretty interesting. Gore, if not mistaken, was a huge proponent in education and wired class rooms. I know that he took the lost to Bush - his intellectual inferior -pretty personally. A lost that was not actually [shout outs to FLA], but this must be pretty good news for Apple. Did you know that he's an advisor to Google as well??

·
Canadian By Choice
117,362 Posts
Ohenri, yes, Gore was indeed a strong advocate of various educational initiatives, including the raising of literacy/numeracy standards, pre-school education, adult education, and, lest we forget, the "wired classroom".

·
Canadian By Choice
5,141 Posts
Thanks for that, CubaMark.

BTW, Al Gore's joining Apple's board has stimulated quite a reaction on other webites. At MacRumors they shut down the thread. Here's the moderators post after 700+ comments were posted:

Al Gore Thread

The Al Gore Thread was shut down due to off topics posts and personal attacks/insults as well as avoidance of the profanity filter.

3 user accounts were deactivated.

Please keep discussions on topic. Personal attacks will result in account deactivation.

arn

1 - 20 of 36 Posts