Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yep, that about says it. It's hilarious. :D

·
Premium Member
1,920 Posts
Flick yeah!!!!!

This one is going to haunt them for a while, I'm all for the intent of the campaign but I do not care for the message. Flickin jerks!!!!! :D

Laterz :)

·
Premium Member
2,670 Posts
From a design point of view I think this is genious, they certainly knew their target audience and how to get their attention. Wasn't there a bunch of flap over FCUK as well? Another great name if you ask me.

I don't know what they are complaining about, should we go through all of the "safe" campaigns that failed miserably, and probably cost more money? I can think of a couple, the redesign of the Ontario trillium, the redesign of the OLG logo, and anyone remember TO Unlimited?

Give credit where it's due, this is brilliant! (Pardon the pun)

·
Premium Member
2,950 Posts
"I say it's a bad judgment," said Tory. "It shouldn't be done this way. There are plenty of ways to educate kids without using language like this."
Language like this? Since when is FLICK a swear? Some people, I tell yah.

·
Premium Member
1,481 Posts
Inspired by a particular scene from "South Park: Bigger Longer & Uncut" (1999)

Terrance: Shut your flicking face uncle flicka
You're a cork sucking ars licking uncle flicka
You're an uncle flicka, yes its true
Nobody flicks uncles quite like you

Phillip: Shut your flicking face uncle flicka
You're the one that flicked your uncle, uncle flicka
You dont eat or sleep or mow the lawn,
You just flick your uncle all day long

(farting noises)
Terrance: Hmm!
(farting noises)
(laughing)
(farting noises)

Policeman: What's going on here?
(farting noises)
Flicker flicker uncle flicka uncle flicka flicka flicka flicka
People: OOOoooooooooooooh
T & P: Shut your flicking face uncle flicka (Terrance: uncle flicka)

T & P: You're a boner biting bastid uncle flicka
Terrance: You're an uncle flicka I must say
Phillip: Well you flicked your uncle yesterday
Everyone: (laughing) Uncle flicka... thats you
Everyone: U-N-C-L-E flick you Uncle Flickaaaaaa.....

Phillip: Suck my balls

·
Premium Member
2,670 Posts
There are plenty of ways to educate kids without using language like this.
Sure there is, but I don't think a video game featuring different ways of reducing your carbon foot print will become very popular. The fact that everyone is talking about this proves it's getting the word out. Hey John, I agree with you on a lot of things, but not on this one, it's time to Flick Off!

·
Banned
7,966 Posts
From a design point of view I think this is genious, they certainly knew their target audience and how to get their attention. Wasn't there a bunch of flap over FCUK as well? Another great name if you ask me.
The font is made to look like a "U" - how clever of them.

A campaign designed to get youths to turn off the lights by using offensive (or the suggestion of) language. That will work.... And the minister of the environment can feel good about teaching kids to be disgraceful - all the while thinking that she is tackling the biggest problem of global warming. That's right, those pesky teenager have to learn to turn off lights (good luck there)....

·
Premium Member
2,670 Posts

A campaign designed to get youths to turn off the lights by using offensive (or the suggestion of) language. That will work.... And the minister of the environment can feel good about teaching kids to be disgraceful - all the while thinking that she is tackling the biggest problem of global warming. That's right, those pesky teenager have to learn to turn off lights (good luck there)....
This isn't even their campaign, they're just supporting it, I don't see the big deal. If this is taught at a younger age, as recycling was back in the 80's, I think it will eventually make a difference. I find people my age (30's) are much bigger supporters of recycling than the generations that came before us.

This only teaches kids to be disgraceful if the connection to "F Off" is made to them, and if you make that connection to your kid that is your fault. And if the kid makes the connection themselves, you're already too late!

Anyone remember the "Duck You" t-shirts of the late 80's?

·
Premium Member
2,487 Posts

Come on AS don't you know swearing is really cool? Gets the kids all engaged and raises their intellect to a whole new level. The more we encourage the use of profanity the better we'll reach the youngsters since they're all foul mouthed anyhow. Now if we can just get the Little Bast#$d's F'n Reading Campaign going the Libraries will be booming. ;)

Cheers
MacGuiver

1 - 13 of 13 Posts