Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am an administrator for a non profit childcare organization that has 8 locations.
We are looking to overhaul our financial management and database software. Currently we use Filemaker Pro and Quicken.

We are leaning towards Quickbooks Pro for Mac.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to what program may be best suited for our Mac loving company.

[ October 06, 2003, 09:09 AM: Message edited by: marrmoo ]

·
Banned
14,050 Posts
I have written sfw. in the past for non-profit orgs and found that filemaker pro (or other database sfw.) works better than standardized accounting sfw.

most non-profit orgs have special requirments and needs that a generic template won't handle.

our local programmer / actor "minnes" is very bright and would solve your problems

my $0.02

·
Premium Member
2,263 Posts
hey, thanks for the plug, Michael
Right now, Im working on developing a system for sales and inventory for a local organization.
Im doing a web based solution with PHP and MYSql, so they can manage their data through web pages on any of their computers, regardless of OS or location.
Did you want to have inter office database sharing?
I would be interested in talking to you some more by personal message.to discuss your needs.

·
Premium Member
2,304 Posts
I'd recommend that you wait for QuickBooks Pro 6 for Mac, which is being beta tested right now. The final version should be released very soon.

·
ehMac KungFu Master
5,768 Posts
Well, I have to put in my $0.02 worth here...

My compnay uses SQL-Ledger from www.sql-ledger.com

Its a free Open Source accounting program that is cross-platform (runs in a web browser). It runs on Windows and UNIX (Mac OS X included). Its perfect for multiple users and multiple locations since its designed that way.

Its not as pretty as say QuickBooks or the like but its free and work very well. Its not easy to setup however for someone not experienced in UNIX but its not impossible. Try the demo on their website to get a feel for what it can do.

My company offers installation services for this software on Linux and Mac OS X if you want a "turn-key" solution.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts