Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My iBook 500mghz has given me nothing but grief since I bought it. The last warranty claim I had reached my limit and complained to Apple's customer care dept. They decided,( after much complaining) that after 2 logic boards, a faulty CD-rom tray, and power pack I should keep it. But when the screen display blacked out if you opened it beyond 90 degrees they finally agreed I had a lemon. I was ready to put a Compaq label on it!
They have replaced it and with a new 700 series!!
The staff at the Apple office in Markham (which is where I had them ship it to as I am on the road) were very helpful. They helped me transfer all my files and where very professional and polite. A special thanks to Pauline, Sean and Ben!!
I guess if you keep on them they will give the service.
NOW I am a happy iBook owner! :D
p.s. I still think microsoft sucks!

·
Registered
8,774 Posts
They've always been really good to me....and I've never even spent any serious money on a new Mac!

I mean, hours and HOURS on the phone to Cupertino trying to solve my problems with Jaguar!

No question at all that I will be buying a brand new Mac fairly soon (from PosterBoy, of course).

I would rather eat a bug than use a PC. ;)

And spend actual money on a new Widoze box.???...get
real!!

We Scots may be half crazy...but we're not IDIOTS!
:D

·
Premium Member
2,263 Posts
well after all the hassle you get a cool new 700mhz model, I would be happy too
I hope you have a few years of productive use out of the iBook.

By the way
I saw a thread in the MacAddict forums about a guy who had so many problems with his TiBook, and the last straw was he left his TiBook on all night, and in the morning his keyboard melted into a puddle of plastic, he says Apple says he voided his warrenty by leaving it on all night.
aw well
I want to by a TiBook next year, I hope I don't get a lemon.
Mark

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I am shocked that a melted keyboard would not be covered under warranty, after all the thing is designed to go to sleep is it not?
I have insurance on the iBook incase it "fell" into a tub or something!!
;)
This one is working much better and I think many years of production from it are to come.
I squeaked and they (finally) came through.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts