Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I sent in my Adobe Premiere CD back in September and am eagerly awaiting the arrival of FCE. I seem to recall that Apple had a web page and/or a phone number you could call to check the status of your order but I can't locate it now for the life of me.

Anybody have it or remember what it was? Thanks all.

·
Registered
282 Posts
i have a pdf - but it's the american version. drop me a line if you think that could help...

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys.

Funny, the first number Dibenga provided is for the American software update centre. I called it first and all the automated prompts refer to OS X as "oh-ess-ex" which I thought was rather odd. I thought it was "oh-ess-ten" but what do I know?

Anyway, thanks again. I left a message for them to call me back as apparently they're only available until 5:00 pm Atlantic time.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I sent in my Adobe Premiere CD back in September and am eagerly awaiting the arrival of FCE.
:D :D :D
I sent mine in at the end of August. Sorry, but I threw out all my information when I received my FCE last Saturday ! :cool: It was mailed from Toronto, even though I had to mail the Premiere CD to New Brunswick.

It is the full version, complete in box, not just the CD in a sleeve. No manual is included, however there is a DVD showing how to get started with FCE as well as an offer for a free Final Cut plug-in for creating color (sic) auras and glows and a set of Final Cut Pro keyboard shortcuts that you can apply to your keyboard.

Not too bad for sending in a 4 year old copy of Adobe Premiere.

Only problem is, I need to look for a new computer or 'book or both (500 Mhz G4 or 667 Mhz 'book for real-time effects. :(

Now that I think about, how is looking for and getting a newer Mac a bad thing ? ;)

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah, they called me today actually. They did receive my Premiere CD but had not mailed my FCE out yet due to lack of stock. :( Hopefully that'll change soon.

I was running a 400 MHz Sawtooth machine up until a few weeks ago. It was great for surfing and most audio and stuff but when I started getting into video it really started to show its age. I traded it in for a dual 1 GHz Quicksilver machine. Wow, the performance increase is phenomenal.

Then last week I bought a 30GB iPod. Where oh where is the money coming from?
Good thing I've been working a lot of overtime lately. I'm seriously considering just signing my paycheque over to Apple every two weeks; it'll save us both a lot of trouble. haha

·
peek-a-boo
17,329 Posts
I almost forgot about that. I haven't received an email or anything, but I didn't send it in until a few days before the deadline though.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts