ehMac banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
785 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Figure dropped a few days ago, and i scooped it for $1.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gLLjRH6GJec

it's actually pretty good - as for $1 you might wonder what you'll get. But it's in fact fairly solid and this vid pretty much lays out much of it. Though there are a number of vids now on youtube you can watch, including this one I found pretty good as well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EwXjdTvVXHQ

I just realized this all is universal. Wow. $1. Enjoy.

·
Premium Member
4,559 Posts
i bought the moog app, and i'll probably buy this one as well, so another +1 for Henri to keep at it.

·
Premium Member
3,895 Posts
Thanks Henri, I appreaciate getting the notices of music apps that come on good sales - I don't have time to keep tabs on the AppStore myself. Have bought a number of them from your recommendation.

·
Archetype
861 Posts
What is it with all these new App threads you keep posting? Are you on commission or something, or a developer trying to make a buck? Sorry if that sounds bad, but really, so many? It's bordering on SPAM.
You go into threads that don't interest you and make inflammatory comments- bordering on troll.

Another interesting app for cheap. Excellent HenriH!

·
Registered
785 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
wowsers.

What is it with all these new App threads you keep posting? Are you on commission or something, or a developer trying to make a buck? Sorry if that sounds bad, but really, so many? It's bordering on SPAM.

http://www.ehmac.ca/search.php?searchid=1508175
Hey Sinc, not here to start a scrap but I find this comment quite surprising, esp considering you're a doyen of the site. I recall joining ehMac in 2002 as ohenri back when we were still on OS9 and talking kernel panics. Back then, we were the PC minority but enjoyed ehMac as it was a community based on sharing tips, sharing experiences, sharing ideas... sharing.

Sharing. Sharing my experiences is what got a relative to swap from PC to Mac (among the many I have convinced), and now he works @ Apple head office fairly high up (you guys see his work everyday, believe me).

Mac users were also often from the creative community - design, photogs (which is why they have their own thread), and music. Music. Music is also where I came from (interests and practice - ran a label, worked at a Major label, toured..) Music apps, among many, have been making their way out. Authoring music has never been so accessible. I love it. And I hope others do here as well - and seemingly do. Either way, I'm not here to make any money, or commissions. None of these posts are linked to any personal site or blog or being redirected, so that comment falls flat. I've almost EXCLUSIVELY been pointing out new apps that are pretty cheap/introductory pricing/interesting AND/OR that have been dramatically discounted - for the benefit of all - sharing. I wish I was a dev - i'd be here a lot less and trying to make some Draw Something Free $$. I would probably sponsor the next ehMac get together. ;)

Either way, sorry that you're not enjoying the music apps posts. I'm actually surprised that there isn't a dedicated app thread set up at ehMac. Seeing that the app ecosystem is pretty much dominated by Apple, it would be cool to find out about some cool new ones at discounted prices - but i know I do that myself almost daily. But only share the music ones out here.

ANYHOW, gentlemen thanks for the kind words of support. Glad to see some ppl enjoy my scarce app ramblings.

cheers, and hope all had a great weekend.

·
Registered
222 Posts
I am definitely not the most talented when it comes to music creation, but that app looks great. Think I will download it just to play around. Thanks for the tip!

·
Premium Member
4,559 Posts
I was about to purchase it, but the reviews say you can't export or even save your songs? is this true? that's crazy. whats the point then?

·
Premium Member
2,084 Posts
thanks!

Thanks Henry! I think this is great. I'm not a musician, but for a $1, playing around could be fun.

In all fairness, Sinc did say he wasn't trying to sound bad about it. I'm sure he wasn't.
It's computer text and messages can be easily misconstrued :)

·
Registered
785 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks Henry! I think this is great. I'm not a musician, but for a $1, playing around could be fun.

In all fairness, Sinc did say he wasn't trying to sound bad about it. I'm sure he wasn't.
It's computer text and messages can be easily misconstrued :)
Totally understood. Just wanted to share my opinions and m.o. about the posts. But i'm glad you're enjoying it. I personally believe everyone's got at least one hot melody in them, and I hope you find yours. ;)

·
Registered
785 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I was about to purchase it, but the reviews say you can't export or even save your songs? is this true? that's crazy. whats the point then?
TO be honest, i shot 1st and asked questions later, simply b/c I know I left more than $1 tip for the bartender a few nights ago. :D I'll take a closer look.

But seriously, one thing i've always realized is that many of the apps are constant works in progress - with updates being made along the way. So many times i'll scoop and app even with mediocre reviews if it's seems like a pretty modest expenditure w/ the hopes of a solid update and/or improvement after reviews come out.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts