Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fetch Art 1.1 has been out for a while now, supporting Panther. For those who don't know, it's a small applescript app that goes to Amazon to fetch the cover artwork of your music via an XML interface. A bit slow but nifty.

Couldn't get it to work initially with 10.3.2; did a full reainstall of both Fetch 1.1 and iTunes 4.2 and everything works fine. It's actually faster than on Jag. Get your copy here.

·
Mac Guru
14,627 Posts
I've been using it for a while now, but doesn't seem to find art for at least 75% of my music, despite having the real and correct song name, artist and album. Although it works well when it works.

·
Premium Member
3,742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Your link doesn't work andthe AMG website doesn't make any snese in relation to the task. Do you have another link?

Incidentally, does anyone know how to make incremental changes? I have launched a full new search and it has been running for 4 hours (3000 songs) is nowhere near finished!

Thanks

·
Premium Member
2,304 Posts
Yeah I just love Fetchart...too bad it's no longer an Applescript, I preferred it in its pull-down iteration versus having it in the dock.

·
Premium Member
3,742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Are you sure? Stills comes up as an Applescript in the top bar of iTunes although then appears in the dock...

·
Premium Member
3,742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Just did it!

I know it's stupid but it's good to push the envelope just out of curiosity.

So I asked Fetch Art to fetch artwork for my 3000 songs in one go and it did. It only took... 10 hours

No crash, no burn. Just did the job. It would be nice to have an app that does things incrementally though. BTW, does anyone know how this works? Is the same artwork copied for every song or do the songs point to the same graphics file stored on the HD?

·
Premium Member
2,304 Posts
No...the fetch applescript doesn't appear in my scripts list in iTunes. Methinks a reinstall might be called for. Thanks for the heads-up, Moscool.

-P

1 - 8 of 8 Posts