Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is anyone else in this situation with their panther delivery from Apple?

I received my shipping confirmation and Fed-Ex tracking number on Oct 22 from Apple.
According to Fed-Ex website tracking, the package arrived, and cleared customs on Oct.22. It was then put on a truck Oct.23.
Fed-Ex claims to know nothing about where my package is. They've put a "tracer" on it.
I called Apple, and they won't do anything until Fed-Ex confirms their "tracer" results.

Really frustrating

·
Lifetime membership
9,265 Posts
That's strange...Fed-Ex is...to me anyways...The most
reliable courier that I've ever used, Well DHL does come close.

Hope you get it straightened out.

Dave :cool:

·
Left The Building
8,381 Posts
I received an e-mail from Apple saying my Panther UTD was shipped on the 25th. The Order Status on the Apple website had my delivery method upgraded from 2-day to priority overnite. I copied the FedEx tracking number & tried to track my order on the FedEx website - but it said "not found". Okay, I thought to myself. Too early.

Well, now it's the 27th and my order still isn't on the FedEx website, the Apple website still says shipped, and Panther still hasn't reached my domicile. I think it's time to send an e-mail or two...

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just a follow-up.

Last night, Fed-Ex finally called to tell me that "they have no idea where my package is"

"they don't think it ever made it to Toronto" even though their system says it did

All they're willing to admit is that they did pick it up from Apple on Oct 22.

I guess this complete failure of their tracking system doesn't happen often?

It's going to be at least another week before it turns up, or Apple agrees to send another. Hopefully they won't use Fed-Ex

·
Registered
379 Posts
Was upgraded to Fedex overnight as well but the number wasn't in the database until late last night. But now it says Panther should be here by noon today.

·
Left The Building
8,381 Posts
My Panther UTD order finally showed up on the FedEx tracker as having left Rancho Cordova (California) last night... and it was delivered to my house about 15 minutes ago - phew! :D

·
Tritium Glow
7,141 Posts
Hopefully they won't use Fed-Ex
Then I guess you don't want it overnight when Apple does ship the replacement... ;)

For a company that moves 3.3 million pkgs DAILY, worldwide, I think their track record is pretty good. It's my no means perfect and packages do get mis-sorted or lost.

Three years ago I had the opportunity to tour FedEx's main hub in Memphis. Nine thousand people report to work there every night, 170 Airbuses, DC10, MD11, etc land and take off at a rate of one a minute to get all those packages to their destinations all over the world...overnight and on time.

Believe me, I do know how you feel jtmac, if it was my package, specially form Apple, I'd be a little peeved myself. :D

·
Premium Member
5,247 Posts
" ... My Panther UTD order finally showed up on the FedEx tracker as having left Rancho Cordova (California) last night... and it was delivered to my house about 15 minutes ago - phew! ..."

Bet I know what happened. FedEx (for some reason that must be known only to God and FedEx) uses the code CA for all shipments to Canada. That's also the USPS code for California.

Sounds like it cleared customs, entered Canada, then got shipped to California, then they figured out the mistake, and shipped it back here.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
kps - I was kidding

gordguide - I had the same suspicion. My tracking shows it came to Toronto, they say it might never have left CA (California). Hmmmm.
Maybe they sent it back to California.
Or, maybe they misinterpreted Ontario (ON) Canada (CA) as Ontario, California, and sent it to Oakland ......

I just wish I got mine last Thursday, like the other Torontonians in that shipment.

When/if Fed-Ex finds it, or delivers it, I'll let you know.

·
Tritium Glow
7,141 Posts
I know you were JT, that's why the winking smily...

Their process is really amazing, gave me an excuse to share a little... ;)

I just went and picked up a copy at an Apple dealer. Carbon Copy Cloner is backing up my 12" PB as I type this. Hope you get your copy soon. :cool:

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Finally.

Fed-Ex found it sitting in Oakland, California.
Shipped it to Toronto overnight.
They delivered it this afternoon.

Now I can have some real fun!

The install will be easy, in comparison.

Cheers Folks

1 - 11 of 11 Posts