Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am at work and it is completely dead.Ii was wondering what would be your 5 favourite/often visited websites.
It doesn't need to be mac related.

·
Premium Member
2,950 Posts
www.fark.com

That should kee you busy for a couple hours daily. loL

·
Premium Member
7,069 Posts
Favorite Websites?

1. ehMac
2. My website
3. MacRumors
4. My Comic tab (Opens MacHall.com, AppleGeeks.com and FoxTrot)
5. Various Blogs

EDIT: Updated

[ January 12, 2004, 05:25 PM: Message edited by: Chealion ]

·
Premium Member
4,799 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,069 Posts
James - :eek: Dihydrogen Monoxide is the single leading cause of cancer. It kills several people a day as the chemical itself. Oh my... ;) Thanks for the link James. I remember doing a survey in school to see if people wanted to ban the substance from our school, most agreed to get rid of it, while a few laughed and wouldn't answer.

·
Registered
693 Posts
www.homestarrunner.com

The best part is the Strong Bad emails section. Good for hours of fun.

HOLY HOLY CRAP!

·
Premium Member
1,070 Posts
Hello,

Chealion, DHMO, in and of itself, does NOT cause cancer. This simply is not the case. But, "a significant amount of evidence seems to suggest that DHMO at least plays a role in the formation of cancer."

Please, do not spread misinformation about DHMO. We don't want to cause a panic!!

James

·
Premium Member
1,070 Posts
Hello,

Your last statement is correct, Chealion, but DHMO on its own does not cause cancer. At least I hope not. This would be very devastating to many industries in Canada and around the world.

From what I understand, it is present in many cancer causing agents and can be found in many cancerous growths. According to the site's cancer page the causal link between DHMO and cancer "is currently not established." Perhaps you are privy to some research that I have not seen.

Either way, I would not recommend inhaling it as that has been shown to be extremely hazardous to human health!

James

·
Premium Member
2,465 Posts
Andy Ihnatko's blog-type Web site.

http://www.cwob.com/yellowtext/

The guy's a great writer, and this is the place where he writes for fun, as opposed to The Chicago Sun-Times and Macworld where he gets paid for it.

Cheers :-> Bill

·
Premium Member
3,742 Posts
The best way to hear the world: BBC Radio console

The only genuinely neutral newsfeed with a global cover in 43 languages... BBC news

(all thanks to us UK-based taxpayers)

Other good ones:

Originally based in rural Wales, acquired by Amazon, the best thing on film:
the Internet Movie Data Base. Perfect...

A useful seach engine for us winos: Wine Searcher: enter the wine and the year and this baby will look around the world for you...

Boring to some, a weekly breath of fresh air to others, here is another addiction of mine: The Economist

Finally, hours of fun with weird science...

·
Premium Member
7,069 Posts
James - sorry about the misinformation. But I was under the impression that it is found to have played a factor in every type of cancer known to man.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts