Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Premium Member
2,978 Posts
I've given up on making a decent loaf of bread completely in the breadmaker. Works well to just use the dough setting and then form the dough into a loaf or buns (or occasionally cinnamon rolls) and then baking it in the regular oven.

· Premium Member
2,978 Posts
I hope I can speak with some authority on this issue, as I live in a hemp wearing, granola eating, last (and unfortunately, no longer lost) hippie backwater rapidly becoming inundated with lifestyle challenged commuters and recent retirees who want to 'get away from it all', but have actually 'brought it all with them'.

Fact: Socks become wet when worn with sandals and it rains.

The issue is not the fact that people wear socks and sandals, it's if they express surprise when their feet get cold and damp during the rainy season. Gum boots were invented for a reason.

Now, secondly, it is not the 'socks with sandals' thing that really sets one apart as being clothing challenged. It's SHORTS with socks and sandals. BAD FORM.

· Premium Member
2,978 Posts
I see that you are in BC. Willing to bet you are in at least climate zone 5, certainly higher than zone 2. In zone 2 - they are worn for warmth, but it is OK because it is a "dry cold".

I confess that I have to agree with you on socks, sandals and shorts.
I don't know anything about 'climate zones', but where I live now is classified as 'temperate rain forest' if that correlates to a particular zone. ;)

(But I grew up in the land of the 'dry cold' and nobody with a lick of sense wore sandals with socks there. Cowboy boots all the way.)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.