ehMac banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So with the new Facetime for Mac App out, I've been playing around with Facetime more than I've been able to so far... as I'm pretty sure this would sell my mom and getting an iphone 4, I sometimes manage to ichat with her but usually need to phone first to get her to go to the computer...

My problem has been while I can get the connection to establish from phone to mac and vice versa no problem, the calls ALWAYS seem to fail after exactly 25 seconds.... any idea what might be causing this? My guess is network connection, as both the mac and iphone are on the same connection there might not be enough bandwidth, has anyone else had similar problems, or been able to successfully use 2 face time devices on the same internet connection. For the record I reliably get my advertised speeds of 7mbps down / 1 mbps up... Related to this anyone know just how much bandwidth is required to maintain a reliable facetime connection?

·
Apple Aficionado
152 Posts
I've got double your bandwidth on my network connection (802.11n) and had no problems at all with my MBP and iP4 connecting and running FaceTime.
I have a JB iP4 and have FaceTime over 3G enabled and also had an excellent connection.

·
Premium Member
1,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Timecapsule router, iMac is hardwired. I've had no issues with the timecapsule thus far. Can anyone comment as to if the streams from both devices are having to go out to the Internet to get to the other device? Or if they are staying internal to the network.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts