Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,266 Posts
Ive been using the ATI usb tv tuner for the last year, but it wont work in x so when I get my next machine it will go by the way of the dodo
Still I was satisfied with the performance of it,
james , I think eye tv is better than the ATI because they compress the video before it is past on to the usb
I have been thinking of getting the hollywood dazzle dv box so i can do connect up analog devices and a vcr to get tv and any other realtime input through firewire.

The only issue I would have with Eye Tv is that you actually view the signal a few seconds delayed due to the time it takes to compress it before it goes to your machine.

·
Premium Member
2,266 Posts
James
I have recorded the odd show on my iMac with the ATI tuner and the picture quality and sound quality are fine on viewing, but I save then compress the shows witha quicktime compression and they lose some quality, I would think that Eye is better than this, because it does it with hardware on the fly.
I would go for it if its the kind of thing you want.
Its really too bad ATI isnt going with osx on its product, because their unit is so cheap. I would like to make some qt movies of old video tapes so the dazzle might do that better.
Mark

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.