Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Could anyone suggest a voice fax modem that's good with a G4/)S 9.2.1? I'd like to get one that is V.92/V44 (new technology). US Robotics has one, but as far as I can see, it's only for Windows. If anyone has a voice modem, could you tell me the advantages. Are you able to use speaker phone capabilities, to where you can speak into a mic rather than the handset? Any other advantages? How are the USB external modems with the new OS?

·
Premium Member
5,247 Posts
Check out Bing Software (link) for info on this subject. The actual modems that work under OS9 are limited; but they have a list somewhere.
Voice/Faxmodem SW & HW
The Cyprus Research Megaphone (now Bing Software) and Modem in my old Performa worked great, but it seems this technology is a bit of an orphan today.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Maybe I should be looking in voice/modem categories. I want to turn my imac into a simple speaker phone! How hard can it be? It has a mike, speakers and a modem but I only found 1 place with a simple program but I could hear them (quietly and poorly) but they could not hear me. Any suggestions? Thanks, Steve :(

1 - 3 of 3 Posts