Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,845 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Two more weeks and I will finally be free from the library computers, Windoze and Exporer 7. Today this "Wunder Bowzer" finally blocked a pop-up add. Could it just let it go at that? NO! It gave me a pop-up telling me to look at the security bar which told me how proud it was that it had finally blocked a pop-up.:eek: :eek: :eek:

Admittedly it has probably been doing this for some time. I just have not bothered to actually read any of it before.:D

·
Premium Member
6,427 Posts
Two more weeks and I will finally be free from the library computers, Windoze and Exporer 7. Today this "Wunder Bowzer" finally blocked a pop-up add. Could it just let it go at that? NO! It gave me a pop-up
Techonolgy in its finest hour!

Just what we really need, a pop-up telling us that the software has avoided a pop-up. Next Micro$loth will be bragging about how they invented TCP/IP and GUIs. If Al Gore can both invent the Internet and loose in Florida; why couldn't a giagantic corporation flush with billions of dollars stolen from Corporate America invent something useful (and that works!)???

Ever wonder why HP has the HP Invent logo; considering that they no longer really invent anything, but turned themselves into the Pier 1 Imports of low quality Chinese computer schlock? Wait, they did build the Vectra, proving that they were always building schlock computers... At least the LaserJet III was cool!

And why do they call it Internet Explorer? If it is named after it's main function, shouldn't it be called Windows Virus Aggregator For Microsoft Windows XP-Vista? It only makes sense if it is named after what it hopes to be. If only someone would recompile NSCA Mosaic, that would be the end of the IE market share.

·
Premium Member
17,845 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well the new improved Exploder seems to block pop-ups, albeit in a manner more obnoxious than the actual pop-ups. Of course it does not touch those Monster.ca banner ads that simply take over a web-page.:(

·
Registered
236 Posts
Well the new improved Exploder seems to block pop-ups, albeit in a manner more obnoxious than the actual pop-ups. Of course it does not touch those Monster.ca banner ads that simply take over a web-page.:(
There's a check mark that says something along the lines of do not show again, you can also hide the yellow line if you want(I do). And banner ads does not mean it is a pop-up, banner ads in firefox and IE for this site show up. In Safari, IE and Firefox, they show up on all sites that have them.

When I watch TV, full screen ads show up.

·
Premium Member
17,845 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
There's a check mark that says something along the lines of do not show again, you can also hide the yellow line if you want(I do). And banner ads does not mean it is a pop-up, banner ads in firefox and IE for this site show up. In Safari, IE and Firefox, they show up on all sites that have them.

When I watch TV, full screen ads show up.
Unfortunately its a library computer. Controls are locked down and checking the boxes has no effect.

Camino was pretty good at blocking banner ads, will see if this is still so when the cable guy gets back from vacation and gets us hooked up.

·
Premium Member
1,063 Posts
Unfortunately its a library computer. Controls are locked down and checking the boxes has no effect.

Camino was pretty good at blocking banner ads, will see if this is still so when the cable guy gets back from vacation and gets us hooked up.
Too bad you couldn't install a different browser... anything is better than Internet Exploiter!

·
Premium Member
17,845 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Actually the library's 6 computers are on a 20Mhz duplex Supernet connection so even with all its flaws Exploder is probably a good deal faster than what I will see when I get onto Shaw lite.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts