Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need a retail source for Ethernet parts in the BC Lower Mainland area, preferably south of the river. (Surrey or Delta, maybe Langley or Abbotsford) I need bulk Cat 5 cable and some terminals - nothing exotic. High quality, reasonable prices

Please don't suggest Radio Shack - the stores around here are hopeless. Bunch of "Future Shop Sales Associate" rejects selling phones and toys. Sad. Used to be great.

TIA for any advice.

Cheers :-> Bill

·
Premium Member
2,465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I found a place - would you believe, Home Depot?

I guess lots of people consider Ethernet wiring as essential as phone or electrical wiring in home building these days.

Anyway, I'm fixed up - thanks for the response.

·
Premium Member
2,465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I never thought of them, but I know that my uncle works as an electrician and he carries tons of different type of networking cable. How much per foot at Home Depot?
(If you don't mind me asking)
Sorry, I tossed the receipt. The total bill for 25 RJ-45 plugs, 30 feet of plenum-rated Cat 5 cable and a small bag of tie wraps was $38, including tax.

·
Registered
3,672 Posts
I never thought of them, but I know that my uncle works as an electrician and he carries tons of different type of networking cable. How much per foot at Home Depot?

(If you don't mind me asking)

Cheers,

RtC

1 - 5 of 5 Posts