Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am thinking of buying one of these all-in-one units. My question is how superior (if at all) will the quality of the:
A) Scans and B) Prints be compared to my Umax Astra 1220U and my Epson Stylus Color 740? Also, which of their stand alone printers and scanners do the components most closely resemble (or is it made up of)? Anyone have one, what do you think? The reason I am partial to the Epson is that I am still impressed with the quality of the prints, especially photos, on my 740 even after about 3+ years. Any help or advice (other than give me your old ones free) is appreciated.

·
Premium Member
1,380 Posts
I just bought a RX500 all-in-one and I looooove it! It's a little more than the 5400, but it is the sylus photo and comes complete with negative/slide carriers, It also has 6 colour cartridges over the four in the 5400 chech out the specs here

·
Tritium Glow
7,141 Posts
I have the CX5200...which coincidentaly replaced an Epson 740 (which I still have) and a Microtek E3 scanner. I find the quality similar and I have no complaints when printing "photos".

With my unit some minor features do not work with OS X, "copy to file" being one of them. That may have been addressed since, but I'm not sure. The paper feed is rather loud on my unit, but it's not a major issue for me. The ability to idividually change ink cartridges is a big plus. Overall a good value for an all-in-one used for light duties.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts