Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
3,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
EnvyNews has posted another contest:

Back in January, we held a contest sponsored by TwinTech Industry whereby they donated 15 USB Flash Drives ranging in capacities from 32 to 64MB. Today, we're holding another TwinTech Contests, but the stakes are far higher!

The Loot:
(5) 256MB Translucent Purple USB Flash Drives
(5) 128MB Translucent Red USB Flash Drives

Click on the button below to head to the contest page. The rules are outlined in detail - don't forget the skill-testing question, and we'd really appreciate it if you could fill-out the optional questions, which we use for our own demographical curiosity.

All the drives are compatible with OSX, and the contest page can be viewed here:

http://www.envynews.com/contests/twintech2/contest.php

Cheers,

RtC

P.S. Good luck, and I hope someone here wins one...

·
Registered
507 Posts
Btw, these drives work fine on OS9 too...

·
Registered
3,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Could you please not post the answer.. and as previously mentioned, they will all be shipped at the end of the contest. You might have to wait a bit, but you will get a "free" USB drive in the end.

Cheers,

RtC

·
Registered
507 Posts
Thanks MacSpectrum. A real fine butthead thing to do. Oh, and consider your entry for the contest null & void now. Also, as the rules state, multiple entries will be rejected by my SQL server.

:mad:

·
Banned
14,050 Posts
I had a very lengthy and distressing experience trying to get something shipped from somene at EnvyNews after I had paid for the item. Being told over and over that the item had shippped when indeed it had not.

I was just worried that a similar situation might happen to someone else and was looking to nip the problem in the bud, as it were.

As for posting the answer, the more entries there are, the better this marketing gambit will look to the manufacturer/distributor.

I just thought I was helping out.

·
Banned
14,050 Posts
Gee, I didn't see any rules about posting the answer as voiding my entry.

Just thought I was giving ehMac members a better shot a winning the drives. That is IF they actually ship.

·
Registered
507 Posts
I've given out ~$10K in hardware FREE to people, and they have all shipped, and in a timely manner. I can link you to many dozens of forum postings from happy winners, if you'd like.

As for your voided contest entry, it's my site - it's my right. You posted the answer here, which personally I find to be a very disgusting move on your part. But from what I hear, you've got a bad attitude all around. So, why am I surprised?

Also, what Item did I not send to you? Refresh my memory, please.

·
Banned
14,050 Posts
The Rules
The contest is open to all residents of Planet Earth. However, due to legal restrictions in certain provinces, states, and countries, you must be 18 years or older to apply, or seek legal consent from your guardian or parents. Duplicate e-mail contest entries will be flagged automatically by our server, and your ballot will not count. Your IP address is being tracked soley for the purpose of verifying duplicate contest entries. You are only allowed ONE contest entry per household. Please play by the rules and make the contest fair to all participants.

I don't see anything about posting the answer as voiding my entry. Perhaps a little discrimination going on?
I am a resident of the planet Earth
I am over 18 years old.
I have made only ONE contest entry.
Therefore I have played by the rules and see no reason for making my entry null and void.
Unless the rules have changed since I entered in which case my entry should still be good.

Oh well. Chalk up another one for EnvyNews.

·
Registered
507 Posts
It's unethical. But you seem to not have any.

·
Banned
14,050 Posts
Also, what Item did I not send to you? Refresh my memory, please.
I didn't say it didn't ship. I said that you had told me on several occassions that the item [one digital camera paid for in FULL via PayPal and acknowledged as PAID IN FULL] was shipped when indeed it had not.

Selective memory?

·
Banned
14,050 Posts
It's unethical. But you seem to not have any.
Taking my money and lying to me about my FULLY PAID FOR item being shipped doesn't rank really high on the "ethics" meter.

Reap what you sow.

·
Registered
507 Posts
And you did get it, and I threw-in extra goodies above and beyond what was stated in the sale of the item, to help appease what was clearly my error. Yet, that's not good enough, is it? I even offered a full refund, but you threatened a law-suit on me. All for not shipping it on the day I said I did. Boy, you've got issues.

·
Registered
3,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
[RANT]
Screw it.. I will.. Neil.. is one of the most ethical guys I know.. and an extremely busy one at that. Sure, it does happen to everyone that something skips our mind.

Thank god you do not deal very often with people on the web in transactions and stuff, do you think the world revolves around you?

I've had several dealings with various members on this forum and on EN, and most of the people tend to understand that we are "human" and can make mistakes. I've acknowledged many.. Neil mentioned the story regarding your dealings with him, and I have to say you have SERIOUS issues. If a guy can't make it to the post office on Friday, but ships it the following business day lets say monday or tuesday, and on top of it offers a few extras to appease you, you should keep your mouth shut and be pleased that you got something extra for the extra freakin day.

You, on the other hand, seem to be a royal jackass.. and expect things to alway go your way. Well, this time my dear sir, I hope everyone on this community understand me.. use your brain and think... if we are offering something.. a contest, and ask a question, don't you think that we want people to check out the exact same page that you look at...

Use that brain.. and THINK!!!!!!!
[/rant]
RtC

·
Registered
3,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Also, how can you discredit a whole organization based on one event? At EN, we are a bunch of hard working columnist, reporters, reviewers, and editors that try our very best to make an excellent website. After testing the water in the Mac community, Neil asked me to be a Mac News reporter for the website. I've had nothing but a great experience working with the crew of EN and I expect nothing less in the coming years. I would just like to say that this is not the norm for me, and well, most of the time I am patient, but if someone is going to paint a great website like EN with one big brush and accuse Neil of being something he is not. I am going to be freakin mad, and if you expect Neil and I to just let you say or do whatever you want. I will be sure to post replies exactly like I just did.

I am someone that takes offense after a while, and there have been a few mild occasions with you MacSpectrum, and I hope the community understands that. I don't want to be your enemy, but I want you to understand that what you did was "technical" wrong and you should have thought about what you were putting on the forums before posting it.

Cheers,

RtC

·
Registered
507 Posts
Btw, this contest was sponsored by a firm, and yes they want exposure. However, in over half of our other give-away contests, the items came out of pocket, not from firms.

I find your actions to be despicable. I don't need to write out a 5000-page EULA or Rules-book for the contest to cover 1,000,000 possible interpretations and scenarios on how to be disqualified from the contest. There are some things that are left to Morales, ethics, and good behaviour. If I was writing a final exam with other students, what do you think the Professor would do if I got up from my desk, after I finished writing the exam, and wrote all the correct answers on the chalkboard for all the other students to see and use?

I don't have a legal recourse here, once I get an 'F' on the exam, to protect me from their actions - writing the answers on the chalkboard was an arrogant and stupid thing to do, and can only be intepreted that way.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts