Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,812 Posts
I'm starting to wonder myself now... I had OE and was so used to it that I figured that Entourage would have been the natural upgrade - could be wrong. Will still put it through a battery of testing but I may have to migrate over to Mail... we'll see.

·
Premium Member
30,887 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Entourage runs slowly too on my DP 867, so I use Mail now. It does pretty much everything except I still have trouble sending emails to a list of about 50 people, and it doesn't give me access to my favourite newsgroups. For these two tasks I still use Entourage.

·
Registered
2,812 Posts
Hmmmm... I really did like OE - although I have not tried Mail at all. So let me ask this then:

1. Can/should I move from Entourage to Mail seemlessly? As in, will the import of data been done with no hitch??

2. Should I just partition the HD (which I have been wanting to do anyhow), and keep running OE?

3. Just try some new mail app? Eudora? Haven't used that since... Oh my... Since Gretzky was an Oiler!

Anyhow, still hating this. Might make the move to Mail sooner that later.. MacDoc, I'm running my Psimo, and I have a IBM 5400 Travelstar. Does that not have a 2Meg cache? Could be wrong.

·
Premium Member
30,887 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,304 Posts
I use Entourage on my eMac and have no speed related problems at all.

I also LOVE Entourage in general. Far superior to Outlook and Mail (IMHO). I tried a switch to Mail, but just couldn't get used to it and didn't find it useful. I like the integrated calendar, mail, scheduling, etc...

Don't even get me started on iCal. Yuck!

·
Registered
2,812 Posts
man... I finally made that transition today to Ent for X, from OS9, and 16 mins later - I was up and running. But I have notice that the app runs a little slow - much slower than it ran as OE. I mean, I can feel that lag between clicking and seeing the email pop up; is anyone else using Ent for X seeing this? I'm going to try to tweak this a touch more tonight to see what the deal is. But man... how annoying.

Also, it's way too colorful. Too much clutter... just venting :mad:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts