Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
951 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I've heard that Rogers Sportsnet has not renewed the right to broadcast the Premiership next season... and that Setanta may be filling the void but will require you to subscribe and get a decoder box. Apparently Sportsnet may yet buy the rights so if you want to send them encouragement... here's the e-mail address:

[email protected]

(Of course, this would mean more to me if my team had made it back to the Premiership... Saints for Premiership in 2008!)

·
Premium Member
1,461 Posts
Done!

You've just started to make me panic on what otherwise should be a relaxing weekend.

please don't take my footy away, please don't take my footy away

Although I'll still have my beloved TFC, I need to keep an eye on the quality soccer in the UK

Thanks for letting us know

·
Premium Member
1,461 Posts
just got this from them...

"Hello,

Thanks for your recent email. Unfortunately, another network in Canada
already has the broadcast rights for the EPL next season. Our apologies
for any inconvenience that this."

apparently The Score has them all tied up

·
Premium Member
3,020 Posts
As long as someone is showing the games, I will be okay :) It has become part of my saturday morning routine now to wake up and watch a game while preparing and eating breakfast.

·
Registered
814 Posts
Apparently The Score got full rights to the EPL, sold one game on Saturday to Sportsnet, kept the Sunday game for themselves, and sold the rest of the rights to Setanta.

Setanta seems like a great channel, but for $15 a month alone, it is quite expensive. They have a lot of other great coverage on football and rugby.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts