Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have experience with this? Purchased a 15" MBP with 1TB drive via my EPP and having some buyers remorse. Looks like the returns policy differs from the 'standard' Apple return policy....

"...Apple only permits the return of unopened, non-customized product within 14 days of receipt. Apple does not permit the return of the following products:

Product that is custom-configured to your specifications"

So I think I'm stuck???

Does anyone have experience with this?

·
Premium Member
5,374 Posts
that policy has been like that for years..
all custom orders are final sale

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Seems fine, but I've only had it running for a couple days.

Interestingly enough, the standard return policy does not mention 'final sale' on custom models, nor does it reference 'unopened'.

Not sure why they would have 2 different return policies, so i'm going to give it a go.

·
Premium Member
6,076 Posts
Not sure why they would have 2 different return policies, so i'm going to give it a go.
Most, if not all, employee discount purchase programs are final sale. In exchange for the lower/non-existant margins the retailer makes on the sale, you give up your right to exchange or return the product.

·
Premium Member
15,708 Posts
I've never had a problem returning a custom order within the specified time.

Put it this way: Apple store staff aren't allowed to say "no" to reasonable requests. They may redirect you, try to fix issues, and so on, though. But they'll take the return of a recently bought computer regardless of what extra features you bought.

·
Mac Guru
14,627 Posts
I've never had a problem returning a custom order within the specified time.
Not to mention the refurb store is full of custom configured machines that are not the stock standard models...

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah, the standard return policy mentions nothing about not accepting custom-configured hardware. That being said, John Clay might be onto something regarding the "discount"....which is pretty laughable considering the amount of savings, not to mention the markup on these things (and it's not like they're refunding me the full price, or re-selling it for any less than they would whether the original buyer paid full price or not).

Anyway...I keep going back & forth...it's a beautiful computer, but probably total overkill for my needs (and the price, ouch).

·
Registered
785 Posts
Yeah, the standard return policy mentions nothing about not accepting custom-configured hardware. That being said, John Clay might be onto something regarding the "discount"....which is pretty laughable considering the amount of savings, not to mention the markup on these things (and it's not like they're refunding me the full price, or re-selling it for any less than they would whether the original buyer paid full price or not).

Anyway...I keep going back & forth...it's a beautiful computer, but probably total overkill for my needs (and the price, ouch).
what are your needs?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts