Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I don't know if it is the result of upgrading to macOS Sierra on both my iMac 27" (Core i7 Mid 2011) and my wife's MacBook Air.

When I have been sending her photos as attachments from my iMac, the attachment icons would show up on my email. Then the bottom line would show that the attachment slowly "draining". Then the attachment would disappear.

Some times I would sent her 2 photos and only one would appear.

Is this an indication that there is a problem with Sierra 10.12.4

Some of these photos have been modified by Photoshop.

I have downloaded "Airmail 3" thinking the the Mail program is faulty. But I am getting the same results.

Any suggestions?

Felixtrio

·
Premium Member
42,492 Posts
Does it show it slowly draining as you're loading the images into e-mail?

Format of the image files should make no difference. If the file isn't corrupted in some unusual fashion the mail program should be agnostic to what you're sending. For example, I've had corrupted Word files that would not make it to the recipient.

·
Premium Member
5,421 Posts
If your email account is POP then you will no longer see the paperclip icon showing you have an attachment. Apple no longer feels it is a feature people need so they removed it.

Are you sure the email size is not to large? I have not had issues with attachments going missing with any version of Mac mail and running latest version in MacOS Sierra.

·
Resident Curmudgeon
86,945 Posts
I never could get used to calling any Apple Mail image or document an 'attachment'. I have always just dragged and dropped anything I wanted into the email and they automatically become part of the body copy of the email, no 'attachment' required.

I too use Sierra, latest version and have zero issues using IMAP format. Haven't used POP in decades now.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The problem has now disappeared. Yesterday there was an upgrade to Sierra 10.12.5. I upgraded both my iMac and my wife's MacBook Air. Photos now do not disappear.

Felix

·
Premium Member
17,774 Posts
I never could get used to calling any Apple Mail image or document an 'attachment'. I have always just dragged and dropped anything I wanted into the email and they automatically become part of the body copy of the email, no 'attachment' required.

I too use Sierra, latest version and have zero issues using IMAP format. Haven't used POP in decades now.
I have always used the attach route. Dates back to early versions of Mail that converted JPEG files into much larger TIFF files, when you just did a drag and drop. Really slowed things down in the days of 56Kbps dial-up.

I am reasonably certain that Apple has long since eliminated that glitch, but my habits remain the same.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts