Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi helpful people
I am sending out an electronic questionnaire to people with vision impairment. They have difficulty with PDFs sometimes on screenreaders so I'm using Word.
I want them to sign at the end of one form. How can this be facilitated in Word without having to buy a digital ID?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi helpful people
I am sending out an electronic questionnaire to people with vision impairment. They have difficulty with PDFs sometimes on screenreaders so I'm using Word.
I want them to sign at the end of one form. How can this be facilitated in Word without having to buy a digital ID?
Hi threed. You have hit upon a rather tricky area of accessibility. Namesly, if you speech output does not access all the elements of your survey, (or in the real world - contract, authorized signature etc) you are consenting to something you cannot access... There are plenty of resources on Word or PDF accessibility (or web forms for that matter) that I'd be happy to refer you to.. However, perhaps you can implement a different authorization scheme, IE. confirm via email process... or a human test equiv such as a ( what is 12 divided by 4, enter the value in the following field) etc...

Cheers!
Grant

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.