Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is probably a simple question, but if I am not using the standard Apple keyboard with the eject key on it, how do I open the cd tray? I have tried apple E and that does not work. I am just curious because I like my original iMac bondi blue keyboard, but it does not have an eject key on it

·
Premium Member
7,115 Posts
You could drag/drop the CD icon into the trash, or during startup hold the mouse button down. That should work.

If you're using Option E in OS 9, I don't think it works quite like OS X, you need to use Option Y (as in put away).

Anyway, any and all suggestions should help.

·
Premium Member
5,421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for you reply mannyp, I have no problem getting a cd out, its just if there is nothing in the drive at all and you close it, how do you open it to put a cd in? So my problem is how to open the cd tray in order to put a cd in, without using an Apple keyboard with eject CD button

·
Hotwiring another cessna
389 Posts
Ironic I just worked on a newer G4 and had the same issue just with an older Apple USB keyboard. Here's what I did but it may not be applicable, do you have Roxio Toast installed? If so, launch it and from the menu bar drill down "Recorder" choose "Eject"

·
Premium Member
30,887 Posts

·
Mac Guru
14,627 Posts
If you're using Mac OS X (10.2.x), you can always add the 'Eject' button to the menu bar by the clock that will allow you eject the CD-ROM tray by simply clicking on it.

System > Library > CoreServices > Menu Extras > Eject.menu

I find this is the easiest way. ;)

·
Registered
359 Posts
Thanks Lars.

·
Premium Member
5,421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thanks lars, that was exactly what I was looking for

·