ehMac banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys

i have 2 imacs

one is set up to access a PC via RDP from MSFT, works no issues.

My wife has a government of canada computer here in the house, i want her to RDP into that box the same way that i do.

When logging into the machine itself, she logs in via a domain that i think is not local ( her actual domian i assume)

i can connect as the admin tot the windows machine to the local machine but the way that she logs in doesnt seem to work via RDP...

to me it should be the same, i ma just controlling that computer as thought i were in front of it....

p.s. here use account and domian do not seem to exist on the local user list...

Any windows guys? Please help i dont want her to have to have two monitors and keyboards just for this old tank!

Cheers

·
You are just an illusion
2,856 Posts
are you allowed to install programs on that computer??

If so, install ultravnc. Ultravnc logs in current session, where RDC logs in a new session.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
are you allowed to install programs on that computer??

If so, install ultravnc. Ultravnc logs in current session, where RDC logs in a new session.
there does not seem to be a mac version....

·
Premium Member
7,069 Posts
cchaynes - If you install ultravnc on the Windows computer you can use Screen Sharing on the Mac to connect and control the computer.

Alternative applications to use to connect would be JollysFastVNC or ChickenoftheVNC

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
cchaynes - If you install ultravnc on the Windows computer you can use Screen Sharing on the Mac to connect and control the computer.

Alternative applications to use to connect would be JollysFastVNC or ChickenoftheVNC
oh, I see

i suppose the problem is that the computer would need to remain turned on and logged in for the share to work.

my hope is to have the computer sit there without peripherals and have the mac log onto it once it is turned on....

thoughts...?

·
You are just an illusion
2,856 Posts
if she can login at home to her work domain that means she probably connects via VPN.

anyways... it should be easy for your to know the name of the domain she logs on to.

Try this... Hum.. actually read this instead:
Remote Desktop Connection (mstsc) always has the wrong domain name, IP address or always prompting me about security - here are the fixes - David Overton's Blog - David Overton's Blog and Discussion Site

or do you get a message saying: Local Policies do not allow to logon
interactivly. ??

1 - 6 of 6 Posts