Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While we have new mods Vader & Peterweb on the line (welcome!), I'm having problems. I ehMac needs an I Am Human verification followed by two pages of all the boats. I'm sorry if that's true but I can put up with it.

However, today that verification process failed me using Safari. Ticking the I Am Human box didn’t always get me the pictures. Sometimes it returned me to I Am Human.

Even when I got the pix, selecting them didn’t get me to ehMac. It returned me to I Am Human.

Finally had to resort to Chrome. Much prefer Safari.

Something’s busted here. Might be worthwhile to examine ehMac’s verification needs so we don’t become overwhelmed with spam. Maybe there's something easier.

Any helpful suggestions welcome. Thanks.

BTW, I'm happy to see the fractious diatribes on Everything Else gone, simply because they were so frustrating. Everybody has long-haul C-fatigue. We don't need more of the same here. Of course, we may have differences of opinion but let's keep things civil.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
After quitting everything & running oNYx, I got to this page in Safari.

Nevertheless, this verification process is combersome. Have you tried others?

Thanks, friends.

·
Administrator
408 Posts
Reporting this one up the chain. We do adjust the trigger for this if there are indications of increased spam or bots trying to get into the site, but we also see it sometimes get too aggressive towards registered users.

I will make sure this gets forwarded to our technical team to investigate and make sure it is working as intended.

Daniel

·
Super Moderator
44 Posts
On my Windows loptop, I sometimes find I get the Captcha verification come up again when I have registered with, and have visited the site often. This is after a time of not being prompted for this verification. What resolved this for me was deleting cookies for that site from the browser. The next login did ask for the verification, but the following logins did not. Look for a setting for Safari to see if you can clear the app data and/or cookies. The cookies are the ones that store this information if you can delete them. Ideally you can just remove the cookies for an individual site. I just checked on iOS and it appears you can only clear both data and cookies.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Update to this. 'Tain't the cookies. If I don't access ehMac for a day, I face the threepart verification system again. All those boats, buses, trucks are hard on the old eyes. Isn't there something simpler which would still protect the site? It's not a deal-breaker, of course. Feels pretty Canajun here, eh.

·
Premium Member
16,021 Posts
Update to this. 'Tain't the cookies. If I don't access ehMac for a day, I face the threepart verification system again.

Is that a normal browser thing??? I'm just curious because I don't get any such verification requirement thing when using Google Chrome with Mavericks 10.9.5, I'm just automatically logged in when I go to the site. I don't even have to click on anything. It just works.

I assume It uses the information it needs from my Keychain Access which uses the same access password as does logging into my Mac.

Is your Keychain Access login password the same that you use when logging into your Mac???

- Patrick
=======

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Nope. Ran OnyX, safe three-step verification on Safari & Chrome.

Dunno about Keychain Access. It's rare I need to sign in to my Mac.

·
Premium Member
16,021 Posts
Dunno about Keycain Achcess. It's rare I need to sign in to my Mac.

They are something you might want to check.

The normal default password setting for Keychain Access access is to have the same password for both it and your Mac username login.

The Keychain Access password can get mucked up during certain Mac OS upgrades or during a password change and can lead to all kinds of strange and unusual problems.

- Patrick
=======

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Found Keychain Access (who knew?!). PW seems to be the same as Admin/root. Been on High Sierra a long time. And never changed my PW, ever (KISS).

No problem, just weird. And I love checking in with ehMac.

Hey, wait a minute! I'm here, and no three steps. Let's see how long before it asks me again!

Thanks, Patrick.

·
Super Moderator
44 Posts
Maybe VS_Admin got something fixed on the back end. Let us know if you are still able to get in without the verification after a few days.

·
Premium Member
16,021 Posts
Hey, wait a minute! I'm here, and no three steps. Let's see how long before it asks me again!
That's great and the way I would prefer it to work as well, so let's hope it stays that way, and let us know in a couple of days.

It's nice that we have admins that can help almost immediately these days if you have trouble accessing the site. And really nice now that all the unnecessary flaming and personal sniping has been stopped.

And it's nice to be back on track with some Mac stuff just like the good old days. Nice eh??? 😏

- Patrick
=======

·
Super Moderator
44 Posts
I'm not sure if you answered my question above about when you tried Chrome if you got in without the verification. If you did, then the issue would be with Safari settings.

As I frequent forums on a daily basis, I use the Stay Logged in option during login. Try this next time you log in, and then on future visits should will not have to worry about pictures.

Font Screenshot Parallel Magenta Brand

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks, Peter. #1 I am Human #2 Buses, trucks, boats #3 Ditto. I don't think I get the screen. In any case, automatic sign-in today. Go figure!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts