Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Canadian By Choice
117,529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Edgar Bronfman,Jr. is selling his New York townhouse for $40 million US. I know the area, and while this is a bit pricey for a 15,000 square foot, five story townhouse, it might be an ideal location for our ehMacLand consulate. Being a native New Yorker, and one who speaks the language, I would be willing to relocate there for part of the year and establish diplomatic relations with the locals. I would be willing to also represent us in the United Nations.

So, we can either send money to our favorite charaties, or help out poor Edgar in his time of financial troubles. What say all of you?????????

·
Mac Guru
14,627 Posts
Or we could just build our own town house for less. ;)

·
Canadian By Choice
117,529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Building our own consulate wouldn't be the same. This one has its own fertility statue right outside the front door! Just think of all the little Mac Mavens we could bring forth into the world! Forget the switch campaign, since we would have brought forth the multitudes to increase the market share.

·
Premium Member
7,069 Posts
o_O

I'm thoroughly confused...
We haven't even split from Canada and we're already making our own consulates? Or am I just missing the point here? But $40 million? Thats a hefty price tag for us just starting out, we don't even have any oil reserves in ehMacLand, we may have something more valuable (Macs) but I don't think we'll be able to export them, as Apple might get a little ticked...

·
Canadian By Choice
117,529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Chealion, this is what they call a "silent separation", similar to the "silent revolution" that is taking place in our schools. As a linguist, the word is not the thing (e.g., I can call my computer a car, but I can't drive down any other highway in this machine other than the info highway). However, perception has a way of becoming reality. For example, try this experiment. Have a cup of very cold water, a cup of very hot water, and a cup of tepid water. Place your finger in the cold water and then in the tepid water. This water feels warm. Now, place your finger in the hot water and then in the tepid water. This now feels cool. Thus, something can be two distinct things even though it is, in fact, only one thing (i.e., tepid water). We may be part of Canada, but maintain our distinctness. Are we not the only Canadian Mac community in the country? Would not our setting up a consulate in NYC go unnoticed, especially since we would all still remain in Canada -- except for me, since I would live there during the long Canadian winters. I am willing to give up shovelling all the snow St. John's gets each winter to serve my community/nation state of ehMacLand. Life in NYC (or the hinterland as it will now be known) is not easy, but like the brave men and women who settled Canada, I shall brave the wilds of Manhattan. I shall send back reports daily, and maintain contact with the natives of the region. I shall become a modern day anthropologist/sociologist/linguist/historian/comedian as I seek to gain understanding of their culture, and obtain acceptance by this tribe.

So, the $25 dollar check that I am sending to our great and noble mayor will start this fund.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts