Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,070 Posts
Hello,

I don't know what's more lame; the fact that you have this information or the fact that I read it for more than a few minutes. It's a tough call.

I did notice that on both tables I have the same posts/day rate, which is good, I suppose.

James

·
Premium Member
7,069 Posts
James - I find this to be one of those quaint little pieces of information that are kind of funny, but don't really matter in the big picture. The top 10 posters all have 1000+ posts, while the top 10 people who have been the most active is very varied between people. It can help to show who is the most active on this site, but active doesn't necessarily mean productive all the time. Although thats not much of a problem on this board at all :D.

·
Registered
2,198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
james_squared wrote:
I don't know what's more lame; the fact that you have this information or the fact that I read it for more than a few minutes. It's a tough call.

I'm inclined to call it a draw :D

·
Registered
2,198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Chealion wrote:
Primate Control?!?

Movable Type wants to give blogs a name, and the best I could come up with is "Primate Control". I think it ties in nicely with the fact that I'm a code monkey and that my domain is flyingmonkeys.org.

·
Banned
14,050 Posts
in line with the primate theme, perhaps the stats could be called (wait for it).....

"Rhesus Pieces"

:D

·
Registered
2,198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
macspectrum wrote:
in line with the primate theme, perhaps the stats could be called (wait for it).....

"Rhesus Pieces"

Please remain seated at your computer. Big burly men will be by shortly to beat you senseless for that horrible pun.

Thank you for your co-operation.

:D

·
Canadian By Choice
5,141 Posts
I hope jfp keeps up his efforts to convert ehMac into more than a statistical pimple on the backside of a marmaset and create an on-going history of its afflicted tenants as they pop up, post and disappear into the ether. I predict he'll posthumostly receive a magnificant award from our descendents.

Macspectrum, on the other hand, deserves to be locked up in a Yukon cabin with Mike Harris, Preston Manning and Brian Mulrooney for his utterly outrageous and creepily clever monkey business pun.

·
Registered
449 Posts
macspectrum wrote:
"in line with the primate theme, perhaps the stats could be called (wait for it)....."

"Rhesus Pieces"

rhino replies:

"You funny guy....we kill you last."

·
Canadian By Choice
117,362 Posts
Macspectrum's pun is to be considered high wit. Please do not play this down, or denegrade his humor. We need more thought provoking wit on this forum. Good for you, Macspectrum. If the goons take you away, I shall be there with you, shoulder to shoulder, comrades in arms...............up until the time of the operation. Then, it's "adio Casablanca". Sad, this could have been the start of a great writing partnership.

·
Banned
14,050 Posts
used to be jwoodget typed:
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR> Macspectrum, on the other hand, deserves to be locked up in a Yukon cabin with Mike Harris, Preston Manning and Brian Mulrooney... <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Me locked up with those 3 hacks? Sounds bad at first., but after some examination;
- Harris would leave looking for some golf
- I would take away Mulroney's smokes and his nicotine gum and he would go nuts pretty fast
- Manning would never lower himself to be seen in the Yukon. if he did show up I would just speak in French to him and that would piss him off pretty fast.

Still, the thought of being in a closed room with those 3 does send chills down my spine. Used to be jwoodget; "What the f**k I ever do to you?"

Curious George was a genius. Of course I mean the children's storybook and not "dubya." :D

·
Banned
14,050 Posts
jfpoole typed:
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR> Please remain seated at your computer. Big burly men will be by shortly to beat you senseless for that horrible pun. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

When the "big burly men" come for me, I won't hear the "black helicopter" nor the "picking of my door lock." I won't even feel the needle being inserted behind my left ear.
I'll just wake up the next day in Guantanamo Bay, Cuba courtesy of the boys and girls in Langley, VA.

"Do not pass GO, do not collect $200, go directly to jail."

macspectrum? Nope, never heard of him. :(

·
Canadian By Choice
5,141 Posts
Sorry macspectrum, but such high wit deserved high punishment and I couldn't hope to find an appropriate level of atonement. Let me know how you propose to determine WHEN Brian Mulrooney goes nuts

BTW, doesn't that picture of Dubya make you think someone has managed to duck tape his mouth shut from the inside?

·
Banned
14,050 Posts
used to be jwoodget typed:
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR> how you propose to determine WHEN Brian Mulrooney goes nuts <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Point taken.
I propose that the litmus test for Mulroney being nuts is when he announces... (hmmm how do i put this without getting sued). Oh something about "the rumours" re: airliners and him getting a consulting fee.

There, that sounds vague enough for me to avoid getting sued.

Re: Dubya's facial expression. To me it looks like he finally realised that he wasn't playing with toys. Real people and real ammo and real tanks. I think he just sh*t his pants.

·
Registered
449 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR> <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>macspectrum wrote:
"in line with the primate theme, perhaps the stats could be called (wait for it)....."

"Rhesus Pieces"

rhino replies:

"You funny guy....we kill you last." <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR> <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Dr.G wrote:
Macspectrum's pun is to be considered high wit. Please do not play this down, or denegrade his humor. We need more thought provoking wit on this forum. Good for you, Macspectrum.

Hi All:
To be sure, I was laughing WITH him not AT him. Had me rolling in the hallway. Perhaps the "kill" word is contextually sensitive considering the current geo-political climate?

·
Premium Member
1,070 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by macspectrum:
Curious George was a genius. Of course I mean the children's storybook and not "dubya." :D<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hello,

George's friend is the "Man in the Yellow Hat." I wonder if that's Mr. Blair?

Wow, accroding to this site, George has learned how to ride a bike and even the alphabet. Wow!

James

·
Canadian By Choice
117,362 Posts
We should build a monument in front of the Town Hall, and dedicate it to the memory of Macspectrum. It would be a block of Labradorite, with a huge prism on top, refracting the spectrum of colors from the sunlight. Each day, someone would read aloud one of his 945 postings, along with the 55 Curious George books. "1000 points of light". A fitting memorial, n'est pas?

1 - 20 of 34 Posts