·
Premium Member
30,933 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Premium Member
2,263 Posts
How do you stream quicktime?
I tried posting a QT movie from my own Mac and It works but takes a long time to download.
Do you have to buy the QT streaming program?
The other problem is noone is in the area, unless we had a meeting in one spot or different spots every now and then.And then there is the space and bandwidth issues. making it might be fun .

·
Registered
693 Posts
I'm all for it. However, how would we contribute? A centralised location or over the net. I don't have any experience in this kind of thing, but it sounds like a great idea.

·
Premium Member
3,310 Posts
Hey, if we could incorporate the speach from the Mac and parse all the entries in a thread and then loop it and use QT broadcaster to update and loop it....

Then...

Then...

I would not have to read anymore....

·
Premium Member
30,933 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Premium Member
4,799 Posts
Where would we stand with copyright issues?

You know Big Brother will be watching.....

·
Premium Member
30,933 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The same spot all the internet radio suppliers are. :confused: Does anyone really know??

I suggest if we promote Canadian only music the powers that be in Canada may well give us their full blessing as it's ..ahem...in general a not for profit community.

I have a number of clients in the music scene that might want a bit of exposure. Anyone else want to contribute ideas insight.

We have clients in BMG and Universal too.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Vorlon Ambassador
5,295 Posts
Ohhh no....

Now I'm gonna have to actually listen to Dr.G's singing?!? I bet he'll get his doxies to sing background vocals.

No thanks...

·
Registered
2,198 Posts
Jamie Zawinski has an article about what's required in order to run a legal webcast. It's written with American law in mind, but I'd imagine the situation isn't much different in Canada (heck, since the webcast will be accessible in the US, you'll probably have to deal with American organizations like the RIAA anyway).

Oh, and webcasting uses a lot of bandwidth, too. So even if you decide to run an "illegal" webcast, you're still going to have to pay through the nose for bandwidth.

·
Premium Member
2,263 Posts
well we could broadcast anyone who gives permission such as up and coming or more established canadians that just give permission free of charge to broadcast, also there are some music files that are legal to broadcast for free.

I was really thinking anehmac radio broadcast would be more like talk radio .
We could have trelephone conversations between Mac experts, users, new switchers, retailers, gamers, programmers, business people that integrate technology into their field and mac developers.
Mix that talk in with some music and you have a show.
Hey , I want my 2 minutes of fame, so Im kind of interested in helping some how, if more of you really want to develop this more.

·
Premium Member
1,304 Posts
You know Big Brother will be watching.....
Well, the CRTC has not waded into cyberspace yet, so you should be fine...so long as you are doing it not-for-profit.

·
Registered
2,812 Posts
Macdoc, I'm all down for this, but I will tell you that there will be legal implication for sure. Whether the legal has been written or not. Having people @ BMG or Uni will do nothing. Ultimiately, they cannot decide - though they will be part of the equation. Many people are involved - including CRIA (the CDN RIAA). lots of legal. Yeah - there are plenty of pirate stations out there - but is that a green light to go and get that done then?

Ultimately, I'm in it to win it. But the Mayor might be the one on the hook for this. While I was @ a label (BMG), I will always recall this one guy I knew who was sent paperwork from our Legal for streaming. CDN or not - and I do know that it's a CanCon thing, but Celine is CanCon, as is Shania Twain. Lots of $$ involved there. Pls recall that many of these artists DO NOT own their masters. It's not just their decision.

But we can still make something happen. sign me up.

·
Premium Member
30,933 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
No question it should be as legit and risk free as possible. Hey walking across the street has its "unknown risks".

Perhaps even a list of the best/favs on the internet radio scene would be useful but an ehmac version would be cool if practical.
I'd love to have the Canadian streaming sources easy at hand - like a button on ehmac :D

Look at a lot of these stations are running on real low bandwidth 28k 56k 128k is a rarity so unless we get real popular I don't think bandwidth is an issue.

Anyone want to do some research??

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Premium Member
2,263 Posts
I read about a program that you could use for free or very cheap but would only allow 5 users at one time for the cheap price , I think it's the one Your Mac Life uses.
Im sure their must be several broadcasting options, a google search should reveal some.

·
Premium Member
30,933 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

·
Premium Member
2,263 Posts
macdoc, then the work is to assemble content that the copyright holders want to let you broadcast for free or come up with original content. (or open source content, like old recordings of classical music)
Are you looking for 24hrs of material or just enough to broadcast once a week or a day?
Doesnt mp3.com have music that is allowed to be broadcast royalty free?

·
Premium Member
30,933 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·

·
Registered
36 Posts
Part of the ehMac fun is to flip back and forth between messages and threads. What would be the audio eqivalent of that?

1 - 20 of 38 Posts