Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner

ehMac >> invitational/soirée ??

• Nah - I rather clean the dust out my Pro Keyboard.

Votes: 0 0.0%

ehMac >> invitational/soirée ??

2K views 16 replies 13 participants last post by  Ohenri 
#1 ·
Mayor - any plan to have a meet and great?? You might have had one already but, I thought that it might be neet to have one now that the weather has improved. Just a thought. Would love to meet some of the cats out here. So let's see what the ppl have to say.

#2 ·
The votes are at 100% yes! Let's get on with it!!!

I've been privileged to be part of a great group that now meets on a regular basis, which began because of the same idea at another Mac forum I belong to. I have made some very good new friends because of one initial meet 'n greet.

This is a wonderful idea because we would all have something in common with which to interact - the Mac.

I'm up for a meet any time!

#3 ·
Yeah 'Sauga - I thought the same. I used to do it with the Design staff & other Macfriends @ my old job and we all used to reserve tables @ the local feed bag and have jokes. Thought that we could do the same here eventually.

All assumptions that the greater population live in and around the GTA. We could make it a day for sure.

The polls are still open...

#5 ·
I've got two points:

1) A Saturday - I live in Ottawa;
2) Where? I know Toronto from the subway lines - location is going to have to be easy for everyone because hetting to Markham (for example) would be a bit of a ride on the TTC.

John

#6 ·
JG4 -

I am in total favor of running something downtown, although I may favor something that is not so hard to find parking @ - as you may get the shock of your life when you see how much it costs - and how parking authority gives out tickets like junk mail - wow.

Although, we could find something outside of downtown and still be along a subway line... I'll brainstorm.

I would strongly suggest a weekend - almost exclusively.

Does this mean that there IS interest?

#8 ·
I am up for it. Don't know if I would go to Toronto though (completely non-SARS related).

How about a series of regional meetings? I am in Ottawa...and I know there are several Ottawa area ehMacers online here.

Just a thought.

#14 ·
Toronto is not a viable meetingplace for me, however if I could hook up with a driver headed that way, I could go for it.

And for those who are wondering, the Ottawa meets (both of them) were rather small. Precisely 2 people and I was one of them in each case (Jaguar Day, and the first meeting time in Jan 2001)

An Ottawa meeting sounds very doable too, as there are several of us here.

I agree that a Saturday is probably the best day for such a thing, in a general view of things.

And as for enticing the mayor out of his electronic world of ehMac, A few free drinks can be arranged, I imagine

:cool:

#17 ·
looks like I may just have to qualify this as a YES, there is interest in getting together - and maybe start staking out some spots. will do in the next few days. In the mean time.. keep the votes coming... I guess?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.