Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,069 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Excerpt from the ehMac Gadgets Blog:

ehMac Control Version 2.0.0 has been released into the wild.

ehMac Control Version 2, includes new features, and much overhaul.

What's New:

Ability to pick between 2 sets of image styles. Brushed Metal and Aqua

Ability to search ehMac from your desktop.

New, smaller footprint.

Better Error Handling

Larger Font Size

Please view the movie for a demo, and download the widget here.
:D

It's out for everyone to use. If you use it, I'm really interested in hearing your thoughts on it. And if you don't, why you wouldn't.

Requirements: Mac OS X 10.2 or higher, Konfabulator 1.5 or higher, internet connection strongly recommeneded, but it won't break if you don't have one anymore.

EDIT: ehMac Control 2.0.1 has been released, see Post 18

[ December 09, 2003, 10:04 PM: Message edited by: Chealion ]

·
Registered
590 Posts
Chealion,
Nothing short of brilliant! I for one very much appreciate this widget as it is something that will pretty much always be on. For those of you that are not yet Konfabulating, you're missing out. Thanks again and keep up the good work. I feel like I've said this before, but I love this place! :D

·
Resident Curmudgeon
86,945 Posts
OK, I downloaded Konbabulator and the ehMac widget, which is now on my desktop, and by the way, I love it.

BUT, after the Konbabulator walk through, I now have the picture, stock ticker, anolog clock and weather on my desktop. I find this to be much too busy, but for the life of me I can't seem to remove them with anything I can find in the control section.

First, how do I delete the ones I don't want to use? (picture, stocks and the thing that says "water plants"?)

Second, how do I update the weather to Edmonton? When I tried to change it, it tells me to try using a large city in my area. Since Edmonton IS the largest city, what now?

·
Registered
590 Posts
To get rid of the ones on your desktop that you don't want to use just hold down the control button and click on the widget you would like to turn off. Chose widget preferences and then chose close widget. Repeat for the others you want to turn off.

As far as the weather one goes, type Edmonton, Canada. You must include the comma and our country rather than the province. Good luck and repost if my directions aren't clear or they don't work.

·
Registered
590 Posts
Sinc,

I tried St. Albert, Canada and it gives your weather just fine, no need to use Edmonton unless you want to!

·
Resident Curmudgeon
86,945 Posts
Thanks mmp, that worked just fine.

Sorry to be a bother, but one more question. I noticed that the weather could be collapsed so it was smaller, and I did just that, but how does one get it back? I can't remember what it was, but maybe it gave a three day outlook or something similar before I closed the bottom part of the box?

·
Resident Curmudgeon
86,945 Posts
And one more question.

While the ehMac Control works fine for the three forums, it seems to have a problem with "Everything Else, eh?!"

When I click on it the message reads http://undefined and then show the "can't find server" message.

Do I need an update or something?

·
Registered
590 Posts
Don't apologize for asking that is what ehMac is all about!

Wierd, same thing happened to me, couldn't access longer range stuff. Just quit Konfabulator and restart it. When you restart it click the little triangle right under the right hand corner of where your city name is, that is how you move from the smaller to larger window and vise-versa. This triangle should always be there, weird it disappeared on me to but restarting the program seemed to bring it back.

For your other question, I'm sorry I don't have the answer, try to PM Chealion directly as I have found him to be extremely helpful.

Good luck!

·
Resident Curmudgeon
86,945 Posts
I trashed everything, downloaded again, reinstalled and I now have my weather back with the full information mmp.

Thanks again for the St. Albert tip, even if the weather widget spells it "Saint" Albert.

I still have the issue with the "http://undefined" on the "Everything Else, eh?!" ehMac widget.

Perhaps Chealion will read this thread and provide some assistance.

·
Registered
590 Posts
Sinc,

You don't need to wait to see if he reads it, the Private Message feature on this board is excellent and Chealion is very responsive to it, so give it a try if you are new to it if you like.

·
Premium Member
7,069 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
That's a weird bug. I just tried it out and it is happening for me too. It wasn't happening earlier. :confused: I'll go have a look at it and should have a fixed version released later tonight.

mmp - Nice job on explaining Konfabulator. Just control-click on the widget, and you can access the preferences, or select close widget

There are many other widgets available at http://www.konfabulator.com

·
Resident Curmudgeon
86,945 Posts
mmp, I took your advice and pm'd Chealion. As you predicted, he got back to me quickly. His post above explains his intent to fix this bug. Thanks to Chealion and you too mmp for your assistance.

·
Premium Member
7,069 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Bug fixed, should be uploading the fixed widget within the next 5 minutes (it will be the same name).

I had a number wrong, in one of the functions, so it would grab the wrong value. All fixed now

EDIT: It's up now.

[ November 15, 2003, 03:28 PM: Message edited by: Chealion ]

·
Registered
2,255 Posts
Great little tool Chealion!!!!

Also...don't want to be picky....just thought I should point out something in the preferences box...
...there is a big of a spelling mistake. It says "lager font" instead of "larger font". I knew what you meant, just thought you'd want the chance to see it. I've been in university editing papers too long I guess!

·
Premium Member
7,069 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Pamela - I was wondering when someone would pick up on that .
I noticed that yesterday, but its not a super big deal, so I'll just leave fixing it for the next update.

mrogers - I fixed the link. Another typo, sorry 'bout that.

·
Registered
728 Posts
thanks chealion. very handy, wish all forums have this.

·
Premium Member
7,069 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
ehMac Control 2.0.1 has been released.

You can download the new version here.

This updates the new widget to coincide with the new changes at ehMac, and fixes the alcoholic reference in the original 2.0 release (no more Lager Pamela.)

·
Premium Member
8,815 Posts
hey! it works -- and looks -- really nce! Nice job!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts