Unfortunately I missed out on that one.

·
Mac Guru
14,627 Posts
Need either a .Mac or AOL AIM account.

·
Premium Member
7,069 Posts
However it should be noted that getting a .Mac trail account is all you need and you can continue to use that username! Mine dates all the way back to iTools, but if you want a .Mac username you have to sign up for the trial but once the trial expires you can still use iChat. You don't have to pay to use iChat.

Earlier this summer we had an IRC room too, maybe we should get that back?

·
Premium Member
3,742 Posts
I had a peek last night but everybody had gone home already...

As this is an AOL chat room, would it support iChat AV multi-conferencing? How about it Rick & friends?

·
Premium Member
7,069 Posts
Moscool - What do you mean by multi conferencing?

Also, I did see someone come into the chat room about 10 minutes ago, but didn't say anything so I didn't know they were there. I just want to say hi to whomever that was.

If anyone is interested I'll be online there in about an hour. (9PM EST)

·
Premium Member
7,069 Posts
Its all text Sinc. Just like ehChat, but it was using IRC and this one we're using iChat as the base.

·
Premium Member
3,742 Posts
Hum,

Got done by the time difference again...

Chealion, my Q was about the possibility of setting up multiple video conversations in a chat room. I know that iChat AV will allow several streams at the smae time (although who knows what the quality looks like beyond, say, 3 people...)

·
Registered
40 Posts
Sorry! I was quite enjoying the banter and trying to figure out how everything works, and I guess I pushed too many buttons at once and lost the connection. I will learn ...

·
Registered
1 Posts
Well, my iChat user list is pretty skimpy (just started using it). Add me to your lists? I'd like to enjoy this thing. My username to add is darcybaston

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
7,069 Posts
Easiest way to add people and see their avatars, is to drag their name from the participant's list to your buddy list. Then you get the person's avatar and they are added to the list.

EDIT: I'm in the room right now, but AIM for Windows is horrible to use compared to iChat. Anyway, you should be able to click on this link and it should open the ehMac Chat Room, it may or may not as I can't test it with iChat, but if it does or doesn't please post.

ehMac Chat Room Link

[ December 22, 2003, 12:14 PM: Message edited by: Chealion ]

·
Mac Guru
14,627 Posts
Anyway, you should be able to click on this link and it should open the ehMac Chat Room, it may or may not as I can't test it with iChat, but if it does or doesn't please post.
Doesn't work with iChat - the 'AIM:' tag in the link works with AOL AIM only apparently.

·
Mac Guru
14,627 Posts
Bubbles... isn't that annoying? Your choice. ;)

Here's my screen:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts