Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. I finally bought UT. It should be in my hot little hands soon. Can anyone please let me know what I need to download.

And once I'm up to speed I'll be excited to join in the killing. I have played before so I don't plan to be total sitting target. That's my fantasy at least. Mwah ha ha!
:D

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Most players also had the Bonus packs 2, 3, and 4 installed as well. Although not necessary for the current server. I think SpanishJoe's server had them on so it's why we all had to before.

:cool:

·
Premium Member
6,795 Posts
Yeah, SpanishJoe's (where is that guy anyway?) had all four bonus packs.

Now there is someone else at my level! Maybe after all this moving stuff is over I will actually be able to play again.

--PB

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So are all the bonus packs free downloads?

I may be a big fat running sack of meat with a large target sign on my back when I play but I'm like a cornered animal. . . no, a suicide bomber. . . no, a kamikaze pilot. . . no, well you'll see. If nothing else, I'll trash talk with a vengeance or at least much better than I play. ;)

Probably the first image was most accurate.

·
Premium Member
7,069 Posts
Yeah!!! More people to get shot by!!! I really do suck :( I need to practice... time to dogfight with some novice bots

Maybe some godlike ones in a month... :cool:

Welcome to the fold, don't worry, you'll pick it up fast, and hint, learn to move with the keyboard and look at the same time with the mouse (have the left and right keys for sidestep... instead of turn left... makes moving and shooting weird @ first, but 1000x better for playing.)

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I think I'm ready to frag now. Just let me know what time the killin' and illin' begins.

·
Registered
2,198 Posts
Cynical Critic wrote:
I think I'm ready to frag now. Just let me know what time the killin' and illin' begins.

We usually frag on Tuesdays (plus some other day that's randomly determined), but I can be found on ut.flyingmonkeys.org at random times. If you're even up for a quick match just drop me a line and I'll give you a run for your money :D

·
Premium Member
7,069 Posts
BEWARE OF jfpoole and Bjornbro, your skills will immensely improve under their tutelege as you die ever so quickly... After a while it gets annoying, but I'd suggest finding out when the "weaker" players play or those who haven't played in a while eg. Me, RtC on his bad days, PB on his bad days, and maybe a few others.

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Okay I signed up for planetunreal but apparently you have to pay to get the update. . . ?! Is there anywhere else I can get the bonus packs?

- CC

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Also can UT be carbonized for OSX?

·
Registered
2,198 Posts
Cynical Critic wrote:
Okay I signed up for planetunreal but apparently you have to pay to get the update. . . ?!

You shouldn't have to; I think you just have to pay to get access to FilePlanet's "premium" servers (the free servers are listed at the bottom of the page). Poke around for a bit and let me know if you still can't download the patches.

·
Premium Member
7,069 Posts
CC - You don't need to sign up for anything...

The update can be acquired here: Click here

And the bonus pack you need to play on the server by: Clicking here

right off of www.unrealtournament.com/mac/

As for UT being carbonized, the people who ported UT to the Mac did a few betas and well IMHO they are CRAP, absolute crap, so if you can play in 9. UT2003, the sequel however will be workable in X, and possibly X only!

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thank you, thank you and thank you again.

I did manage to get the update and I'm just getting the mods now.

Does anyone run UT in OS9 not through OSX and if so does it run any smoother? I'm finding mine is slow to respond to mouse commands and the mouse is too over-sensitive in the game. . . perhaps I should just tinker with my mouse settings.

·
Premium Member
7,069 Posts
My suggestion, boot into 9 in order to get the best... Classic isn't the best, and well the UT betas are horrible IMHO... Thats about it. Use 9 and have fun.. Beat the game, taht always helps with knowing how to survive...

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Thanks. Downloading Bonus Packs now. I've begun honing my skills on the computer. Still need practise.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts