Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,987 Posts
csonni, Education prices are available through Apple's online store (go to http://www.apple.com/canadastore and click on "Education" in the top-centre of the menubar. Click on the "Agree" button if you meet the qualifications (staff or student), and then you are granted entry into the hallowed halls of Apple's Education Store.

Note in particular the link on the right column to "Special Deals" available only to education customers.

You can also buy through your campus computer store (if you are on a university). Not sure about High School types.

M.

·
Premium Member
1,483 Posts
are you sure this is also for students?
i checked the link that you specified and found this:

"Eligible purchasers include faculty, educators, and staff who are employed by a provincially accredited educational institution that has full-time students in the Kindergarten to Grade 12 range, including private schools and school districts. Also eligible are school board members who are currently serving as elected or appointed members, as well as staff of the College of Teachers and TeachersÍ Federations in each province and territory. Apple reserves complete discretion in making all eligibility determinations. This program is not for institutional purchases or resale."

·
Premium Member
17,987 Posts
:( Hmmm.... I have _got_ to spend more time reading the fine print...

That's a bummer, man. I wonder if my status as a Research Assistant at a university is sufficient?

M.

·
Premium Member
2,263 Posts
I talked to Aplle about edu discounts
they told me of a few universities and colleges that had stores where you could order macs, if you were a student at any other institution, as long as you are a student.
But the discount is at most 4 or 5 percent, and you can get that from some retailers.
Dont get upset if you cant get it, its no big deal.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts