Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, so the other day I won this auction on eBay. Pretty good deal, really ... however, my efforts to contact the seller have failed. No matter how many messages I send, there's just silence.

The thing is, emailed her during the auction, and everything seemed fine. After I won it, I asked her to fax me a photocopy of some ID, just because she doesn't want to use PayPal. Should I assume she's a scammer? Should I report her to eBay?

Basically, how long should I wait before I decide I got the shaft?

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hmm ... methinks she wants more dough, as her "buy it now" price was somewhat (but not that much) higher (US$1650 as opposed to US$1500).

She wouldn't be that stupid, would she? If you expect a minimum, put a damn reserve on it! But she specifically had no reserve!

Hmph ... amateurish ... very amateurish ...

·
Lifetime membership
9,265 Posts
Shoot...I could have had it for a $1.00 when she relisted it, Too bad you didn't see that fast enough.
Oh well.

Dave :cool:

·
Premium Member
2,263 Posts
if you won, then give the seller a big fat negative feedback if you dare
beware of retalliation though

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
*mouse hovers over "write feedback" link*

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Never! I want blood!

·
Premium Member
6,795 Posts
Well, since it has been re-listed that does seem a little amateurish doesn't it? I would make sure to keep the item number handy in case you lose the link, and keep emailing her for another few days.

If there is still no response after a few days then leave some feedback (and let them know that you will be doing this too, they have an alright rating and a lot of people are quite protective of that).

After that, you can email them again and report it to eBay through their incompleted transaction thingy, or whatever it is called these days.

--PB

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Holy shmoly!!

I noticed a phone number on the seller's about page, and called and left a message. She called me back and said, "I haven't placed anything on eBay lately."

Turns out it was a case of identity theft, so the whole thing was a fraud. Scary stuff, man! She had excellent feedback, I could've easily gotten burned. Thank God no money changed hands!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts