·
Premium Member
3,742 Posts
In what respect is this a scam?

·
Banned
14,050 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
the email tries to get you to click on the link to go to a site to extract from you your ebay name and password

·
Registered
49 Posts
So that's how accounts get hijacked!

I had a rather unfortunate encounter with one of those hijacked accounts ... luckily no money was exchanged, but it was a close call.

Damn eBay ... they really suck nowadays, in my opinion. You really have to wade through a swamp of scams to get at the good stuff.

God help the newbies.

·
Premium Member
1,436 Posts
I have gotten about a dozen of those messages, I just submit 30 or 40 in an afternoon full of made up info.

·
Premium Member
6,795 Posts
I got this email today. I wasn't sure it was the same thing so I tried to select the text to see if it was indeed text and not a pic (of course, looking up at the attachments pane would have been easier) and when I did I found the following text below the pic coloured white so it could not be seen.

in 1996 aren't you? jRA you're welcome in 2006 in 2005 in 1965 kQFirYt qUeKZipHYTd cq

in 1969 Go ahead. did you fear 555 of WEATHER 7 Shoe them to me please 409 date of birth in 1873

Yes, sure. On the whole Firefighters to our topic in 1928 not on your side WzO driving at? in 1829 in 1888 in 1886 in 1975 I can't
Some of it looks like pretty standard tracking text that you get in a lot of spam, but this has got to be the most coherent I have seen it.

--PB

1 - 6 of 6 Posts