Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Help,
I found what I want on ebay.com, not ebay.ca, but Im worried about warrenty with apple products. Does anyone know the repurcussions of buying apple hardware from ebay.com????

Thanks lots!

·
Premium Member
2,950 Posts
Apple warranty is worldwide as long as you take it to an Authorized Repair center.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Anyone that will ship to Canada will show up in ebay.ca - just select "items available to Canada" instead of "items located in Canada".

If it comes up on ebay.com but not ebay.ca, it is because the seller won't ship to Canada, so you wouldn't be able to buy it anyway.

·
Premium Member
2,950 Posts
If it comes up on ebay.com but not ebay.ca, it is because the seller won't ship to Canada, so you wouldn't be able to buy it anyway.
Talk to the seller first, they may ship to Canada for you, I have done this a few times.

·
Registered
762 Posts
Actually........ eBay.ca lists Canadian Sellers, eBay.com lists U.S. sellers, eBay.co.uk lists Euopean sellers, ebay.co.jp lists Japan's sellers and so on, and so on.
Most Canadian sellers sell in U.S. dollars (????) and there's an option to see Canadian currency on auctions.
Check the sellers auction details to see where they ship to, most ship Internationally (at a cost, customs also)

When I put stuff up for sale I have the option to sell in Canada only or Internationally.

·
Mac Guru
14,627 Posts
Most Canadian sellers sell in U.S. dollars (????)
And that's the proper way to do it. Only Canada uses Candian Dollars (while the U.S dollar is known worldwide), and chances are your item will be seen by more Americans than Canadians, plus the fact the the Canadian dollar isn't understanable (and most can't even come close to guessing what it is in U.S dollars) to most Americans browsing eBay. This is especially true when it comes to computer equipment

I myself sell everything, except when on ehMac, in U.S dollars.

·
Registered
762 Posts
As a patriotic Canadian
, I only deal in Canadian dollars. I have no intentions with dealing with americans or US dollars. When I buy from ebay, it's in Canadian dollars.
I AM CANADIAN! :D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts