ehMac banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,950 Posts
If anybody watched it, tell me if they showed nice high res footage of the american flag frozen in time. Would like to see that.

·
Premium Member
3,251 Posts
Given all of our footage was based on 1960/70 technology it does look unreal...

·
Premium Member
2,950 Posts
ANybody watch this? Any american flags?

·
Canadian By Choice
116,653 Posts
Wow!!!!!!!

·
Canadian By Choice
116,653 Posts
No US flag, MacDaddy, at least none that I could see.

·
Premium Member
2,950 Posts
No US flag, MacDaddy, at least none that I could see.
You know, I am one of those people (I know I am going to catch flak for this) that believes the moon landing was faked.

We have the Hubble, we have the Japanese HD shots, yet has anybody seen the American flag on the moon from anything BUT the original footage from when they supposedly landed there?

Such an Iconic symbol of the space race, yet I have yet to see a photo of it that wasn't taken on that mission.

·
Premium Member
30,834 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It was interesting to see the interview on Discovery as for the first time WE could see in detail what the astronauts saw.

·
Canadian By Choice
116,653 Posts
Has any other mission gone to the same location as the one in which the flag was planted? A flag and staff is not that big an object when compared to the visible area of the moon's surface.

·
Premium Member
2,950 Posts
Has any other mission gone to the same location as the one in which the flag was planted? A flag and staff is not that big an object when compared to the visible area of the moon's surface.
With today's technology and things like the Hubble telescope, are you saying there has been no curiosity to see how this iconic flag is doing on the moon? To see what kind of effects time has had on this (You think this would be essential with people wanting to build on the moon. might want to see how different materials react after that long on the moon)

Just plant it and forget about it? You would think by now SOMEBODY would have wanted a recent photograph of it from a perspective other than on the moon itself. I mean, how many images of the earth and the moon are there. But only one set of photos for the moon landing.

·
Premium Member
30,834 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

·
Premium Member
2,950 Posts
There we go! I anxiously await somebody to claim this prize!
If they can send a rover to mars, and build a space station, surely they can locate a flag on the moon (As I am sure they have the general area where they landed mapped out somewhere, I mean, they would retain that kind of data right?)

·
Canadian By Choice
116,653 Posts
MacD, I guess it could be done, but to what end? If there was a Hubble telescope picture of the flag, would you then believe that there were four lunar missions that landed on the moon?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts