241 - 260 of 286 Posts

·
Canadian By Choice
117,371 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #246 ·
One of the cooler animations of rocket flight you'll see....

Saturn V / Space Shuttle / Falcon Heavy / the mythical Space Launch System (SLS)

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=su9EVeHqizY[/ame]

·
Premium Member
17,976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #247 ·
SpaceX's first attempt at returning the USA to manned spaceflight (after nine years of depending on the Russkies to give 'em a lift to LEO) was postponed due to weather on Wednesday.

Next window is Saturday - but the forecast so far isn't looking good, due to the aftereffects of Tropical Storm Bertha.

·
Premium Member
15,678 Posts
to give 'em a lift to LEO) was postponed due to weather on Wednesday.

Next window is Saturday - but the forecast so far isn't looking good, due to the aftereffects of Tropical Storm Bertha.

Actually, I am really quite surprised that they have even been attempting or considering any sort of launch with the current unsettled weather conditions in the area.

- Patrick
======

·
Premium Member
23,273 Posts
Hello, Bigot.

Finally! Something you Progs can actually accurately blame on the Russkies...

(after nine years of depending on the Russkies to give 'em a lift to LEO)

·
Premium Member
15,678 Posts
Hello, Bigot.

Finally! Something you Progs can actually accurately blame on the Russkies...

Gheese FeXL, I for one would really appreciate it if you could calm down and use some civil language when posting, it certainly doesn't exhibit or earn any amount of maturity or respect in its present state.

Thank you, if you actually respect my comment.

- Patrick
======

·
Premium Member
23,273 Posts
Gheese FeXL, I for one would really appreciate it if you could calm down and use some civil language when posting, it certainly doesn't exhibit or earn any amount of maturity or respect in its present state.

Thank you, if you actually respect my comment.

- Patrick
======
Hi, pm-r.

First off, yes, I do respect your comment. Thank you for taking the time.

Secondly, I assure you, I'm quite calm.

Third, I don't tailor my posts to exhibit a particular level of maturity or to garner respect. I write what's on my mind at the time. I do not sugar coat. Nor will I urinate on someone's back & tell them it's raining. My posts are what they are & I make zero apologies. Many are not used to that level of candor and that's fine.

And finally, I usually post in a tone similar to that accorded to me. As The Bigot has exhibited little to no respect for me, well...

Have a day!

·
Canadian By Choice
117,371 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #253 ·
If they're able to launch today (50/50 right now due to weather), here's the livestream:

spacex.com/webcast

Liftoff scheduled for 3:22pm EDT - they have an "instantaneous" launch window. If it doesn't go off exactly on time, they'll have to push to a different day in order to line up properly with the ISS orbit for rendezvous.

·
Canadian By Choice
117,371 Posts
If they're able to launch today (50/50 right now due to weather), here's the livestream:

spacex.com/webcast

Liftoff scheduled for 3:22pm EDT - they have an "instantaneous" launch window. If it doesn't go off exactly on time, they'll have to push to a different day in order to line up properly with the ISS orbit for rendezvous.
Liftoff was a success ……….. :clap::clap:

·
Premium Member
42,493 Posts
That's a nice video! Such a roomy capsule, compared to the early models.

·
Resident Curmudgeon
86,945 Posts
A Penumbral Lunar Eclipse Is Happening During The Full Moon This June

On June 5th and 6th, the Strawberry Full Moon will pass through the faint outer shadow of the Earth, known as a penumbral lunar eclipse, the second of four penumbral lunar eclipses this year. Weather permitting, those of you in Asia, Australia, Europe, Africa and the South Eastern areas of South America might notice the Moon turn slightly darker, or seem less bright, during the maximum phase of the eclipse. A penumbral lunar eclipse can be subtle and sometimes difficult to distinguish from a normal full moon.
More at the link.

https://themindunleashed.com/2020/0...ydg1njFw2kQ8nW-oYx5TGlKLf-1eyVubCzwVQJMGGDOlY

241 - 260 of 286 Posts